Cook Needed for Beautiful Farm in Northern California!
Blackbird Farm sits on 250 acres of beautiful rolling acres with lakes, ponds and redwood trees.
- Philo, California in Mendocino County
- $325.00 / week
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Nov 13, 2017)
Blackbird Farm is located in the scenic hills and forests of Philo, CA. We work with Pathways In Education to provide experiential and social/emotional programming to high school students that are at risk of not graduating from high school. Our students visit us for 10 days in which they participate in a variety of fun and educational activities such as learning about sustainable living, ropes courses and also complete lessons led by staff.
We are currently looking for staff who have experience in a variety of cooking settings preparing for large groups.
If the candidate lives on site, the position pays $325/week, room and board included, Medical Benefits eligible.
If the candidate lives off site, this position will be paid at an hourly rate.
POSITION BEGINS IMMEDIATELY AND GOES THROUGH AUGUST 2018 WITH THE OPTION TO STAY ON LONGER.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:*
Cook will oversee and participate in all duties of kitchen and is responsible to efficiently prepare 3 meals a day in a timely fashion. Cook is responsible for kitchen staff.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to the following:*
- Greet our guests with a smile and express a genuine appreciation for them
- Follow and enforce safety regulations
- Follow all Farm standard guidelines
- Responsible for all meal preparation
- Clean food preparation equipment used, and ensures food preparation and service areas are maintained in a clean and sanitary manner
- Ensures food is maintained at proper serving temperatures
- Ensures gas-fired stoves, grills and ovens, plus other kitchen equipment are off when not in use
- Responsible for keeping inventory of food and staples. The Programs Specialist and Farm Manager will work with the Cook on meal planning and ordering
- Assisting in putting away food deliveries
- Evaluate current season and make recommendations for following season
Education and Experience:
- Professional, mature and experienced working with a wide range of populations (experience with both youth and adult clients)
- Experience in food service and preparation work
- Knowledge of quantity food preparation techniques and procedures is a plus
- Skill in cooking and in the use and care of food preparation appliances and equipment
- Ability to interpret and follow recipes and to compute basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to accept guidance and supervision
- Enthusiasm, patience, sense of humor and self-control
- Management and people skills
- Ability to work under time constrains, and prepare meals for small (10) as well as large (50) groups
- At least 18 years of age
- Must have previous experience in full service kitchen as a prep and/or line cook
- Able to work independent of others with minimal supervision
Availability to work weekends.
How to Apply
please email resumes to email@example.com