Award winning Tour Operator is looking for an experienced General Manager to join our Las Vegas team
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (Apr 01, 2018)
Bindlestiff Tours is an award winning adventure travel Company specializing in small group FIT adventure tours and fully escorted tailor-made private tours of the Western USA, Western Canada, and Alaska. Offering both budget and luxury touring programs focusing on experiential travel. We offer multi-day and multi-activity, off the beaten track national parks camping and lodging tours for solo, private, group, and custom travel.
We are looking to grow our business and have a great opportunity for an experienced General Manager to join our team at our head office in Las Vegas, Nevada. This is a full time, year round, salaried position.
Job Responsibilities: The General Manager will be responsible for managing and performing the duties related to daily Operations, Fleet, Supplier accounts, Guide support, tour scheduling, training, DOT compliance and more.
Additionally, the GM will be responsible for allocating budgets, contracting product/hotels/campground’s and ensuring company growth goals are met through sales and marketing.
What we are looking for:
- Extensive knowledge of the Southwest USA
- Proven track record of growing a business in the tourism industry
- Ability to lead change and adapt to a fast-paced changing environment
- Human resource managerial experience
- Monitor staff performance and ensure that all staff achieve their targets
- Responsibility for recruitment of all new Ops staff when the growth in that dept. warrants it.
- Support the guide team in the general operation of tours with help and advice as necessary
- Review the team’s progress and results with the owner
- Commercial acumen
- Highly driven, stamina and passion for delivering results
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent customer service skill set
- Strategic thinking ability
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Planning & organizing skills
- Flexibility- the role will require some weekends
How to Apply
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with salary requirements. Please title your email GM position.