Come join our amazing team at The Big Sur Lodge!
Immerse yourself in this world of fog and beautiful coastal views!
- year round
- Big Sur, California
- $62,500.00 - $68,000.00 / year
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Facilities Manager, $62,500+/year
Nestled deep in the mighty redwood forest of Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park, Big Sur Lodge has long been a haven for writers, artists, seekers of beauty, and weary travelers in search of the peace and majesty that the ancient redwoods bestow on body and soul. Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park is often called “mini-Yosemite” for its natural splendors. With the rugged central California Pacific coastline to the west and the dramatic Santa Lucia mountain range to the east, Big Sur Lodge offers a rejuvenating escape from the hectic pace of everyday life.
Join our amazing team at the Big Sur Lodge, which is well known for its exquisite beauty, dramatic vistas, and temperate climates. We work together every day to provide an amazing experience for our guests and team members alike!
This position pays $62,500-68,000/year.
Our team members enjoy amazing benefits such as*:
- Low cost, dorm style housing available for non-local team members
- Employer provided meals
- Free parking
- Discounts in our retail shop and restaurant
- Discounts on lodging (based on availability)
Complimentary camping opportunities
- Health insurance options
- Paid time off
Employee discounts at recreational and lodging facilities nationwide
- And more!
*Benefits may vary depending on employment type
We also encourage our team members to take advantage of the property! Whether you enjoy a slow morning walk or prefer a vigorous hike through the numerous footpaths of this breathtaking 1,006-acre state park, you’ll be welcomed by some of the most scenic wonders our country has to offer. Apply today to join our All-star team!
The Facilities Manager assists the Unit Manager by performing all aspects of maintenance and repair work on all mechanical and electrical equipment and systems within the unit.
- Receive direction from the Unit Manager and manage the unit’s maintenance operations. Assist in analyzing and ensuring compliance with established budget with regards to maintenance procedures. Schedule, supervise, and participate in the maintenance duties specific to the unit.
- Recruit, supervise, train, schedule, discipline, review, and direct the maintenance staff.
- Conduct scheduled inspections of designated buildings and equipment; check and repair equipment malfunctions.
- Make major repairs to electrical, plumbing, heating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment as needed.
- Respond immediately and resolve emergency facility needs/issues regarding safety/security/business requirements, including fire alarm systems; disengage electrical, water, or gas systems to protect building occupants and property.
- Lock and secure all buildings and facilities; monitor, activate and reset automatic security systems as appropriate; repair broken locks and maintain keys to the unit.
- Work with contractors for HVAC/Plumbing/Electrical as needed to fulfill the needs of the hotel.
- Ensure inventory/security of supplies is adequate for the maintenance of the hotel.
- Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for maintenance and upkeep of facility’s equipment. Notify General Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
- Represent the company in a professional and positive manner at all times. Maintain and enhance the company’s image when interacting with clients, guests, associates, and vendors.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma or GED. Bachelor’s or Trade School Certification preferred.
- 2-4 years of hotel maintenance management experience.
- Strong technical knowledge/background in HVAC, Electrical, and/or Plumbing. Pool maintenance certification.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize MS Outlook.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to work well as a team leader; ability to problem-solve.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire workday and to climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor and outdoor environments.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in a fast-paced environment.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Standard commercial HVAC, Electrical, and/or Plumbing repair equipment and typical office equipment (computer, fax, telephone, copier, scanner, among others).
- Field transportation vehicles, including golf carts, Gators, 15 passenger vans, and other motorized vehicles.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
How to Apply
Please fill out an application to start the hiring process by clicking the apply button below to be rerouted to our career site. For more information please contact Location Manager Mary.email@example.com and General Manager Matthew.firstname.lastname@example.org.