General Manager- $90k+/Yr Big Sur Lodge, Pfeifer Big Sur State Park
An incredibly special place, to create a memorable experience for our team, our guest, & the Lodge.
- Big Sur, California
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (May 31, 2022)
Nestled deep in the mighty redwood forest of Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park, Big Sur Lodge has long been a haven for writers, artists, seekers of beauty, and weary travelers in search of the peace and majesty that the ancient redwoods bestow on body and soul. Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park is often called “mini-Yosemite” for its natural splendors. With the rugged central California Pacific coastline to the west and the dramatic Santa Lucia mountain range to the east, Big Sur Lodge offers a rejuvenating escape from the hectic pace of everyday life.
Join our amazing team at the Big Sur Lodge, which is well known for its exquisite beauty, dramatic vistas, and temperate climates. We work together every day to provide an amazing experience for our guests and team members alike!
We are hiring a General Manager to join our wonderful team!
Our team members enjoy amazing benefits such as*:
Pay starting at $90k & up plus housing!
- Employer-provided meals
- Free parking
- Discounts in our retail shop and restaurant
- Discounts on lodging (based on availability)
- Complimentary camping opportunities
- Health insurance options
- 401K matching
- Paid time off
- Employee discounts at recreational and lodging facilities nationwide
- And more!
*Benefits may vary depending on employment type
We encourage our team members to take advantage of the property! Whether you enjoy a slow morning walk or prefer a vigorous hike through the numerous footpaths of this breathtaking 1,006-acre state park, you’ll be welcomed by some of the most scenic wonders our country has to offer.
Apply today to join our All-star team!
The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of unit operations and floor management, including staff, equipment, and property to facilitate the fulfillment of financial goals and company initiatives. The General Manager cultivates a team environment that provides exceptional customer service while directing the management team and ensuring all staff members perform at a consistently high level. The General Manager motivates, instills accountability, and achieves results to drive success in the unit.
- Plan, develop, and direct daily operations. Forecast and analyze sales, labor, and profit; and ensure compliance with established budget. Schedule, supervise, and participate in the operational duties specific to the unit.
- Recruit, supervise, train, schedule, discipline, review, and direct the unit’s management and staff.
- Maintain accounting records, daily reporting requirements, and cash control. Manage P&L statement.
- Respond to customer inquiries and resolve customer complaints.
- Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for maintenance and upkeep of unit’s equipment, housekeeping, sanitation, dress, cash control, and employee hygiene. Notify District Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
- Act as the Company’s point of contact with client. Represent the company in a professional and positive manner at all times. Maintain and enhance the company’s image when interacting with clients, guests, associates, and vendors.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/GED. Bachelor’s, Hospitality, or Business Degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in related management.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to work well as a team leader; ability to problem-solve.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire workday and to climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor and outdoor environments.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in a fast-paced environment.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Standard hospitality facility equipment.
- Typical office equipment (computer, fax, telephone, copier, scanner, among others).
- Reservations and POS systems.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.