Join the Office team on the Coast of California at Big Sur Campground & Cabins! (Housing Available)
Located on the iconic Highway 1 nestled in a Redwood grove along the Big Sur River
- Big Sur, California
- $16.50 - $18.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Big Sur Campground & Cabins Job Description – Front Office Agent
Job Title: Front Office Agent
Department: Front Office
Big Sur Campground & Cabins is located on the banks of the Big Sur River, right next to two natural swimming holes and among the towering redwood trees. This location accommodates 40 tent sites, 26 RV Sites, 16 Cabins and 4 Camping Cabins, providing an exceptional stay for all types of travelers. Big Sur Campground & Cabins prides itself on creating a relaxed, intimate outdoor experience with thoughtful details for all it’s guests.
Scope of this Position:
The Front Office Agent is responsible for processing all guest check-ins, check-outs, site/cabin assignments, and early check-in / late check-out requests. Creating and managing guest bookings, securing deposit and final payment. Ensure rates are accurate, verify/adjust billing for guests. Communicate to appropriate staff when guests are waiting for a Cabin. Coordinate with Housekeeping to track room status and guest concerns. File guest paperwork or documentation. Provide information and assistance to all guests and visitors.
Maintain complete knowledge of campground operations, answer telephone calls with proper telephone etiquette, describe accommodations and all amenities, obtain all designated information to book a reservation, respond to all guest email inquiries and share with the appropriate Manager as necessary, accommodate special requests, the ability to exercise the personal discipline and extra diligence to assure that projects are completed on a timely basis, resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
Obtain assigned bank and ensure the accuracy of contracted monies. Always keep the bank secure. Present folio to guest and resolve any disputed charges. Perform additional duties, as assigned.
Benefits: Housing provided as part of employment contract, fuel allowance if commuting, generous vacation plan, flexible schedule, health Benefits, 401k matching
- High levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy.
- Strong organizational, prioritization skills and ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Maintains a keen sense of urgency.
- Ability to think clearly, remain calm, and resolve problems using good judgement.
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and openly.
- Written communication in a clear and concise manner.
- Exude high energy and demonstrate a knack for building rapport with guests and colleagues.
- Exhibits organizational abilities and shows a natural skill for multi-tasking, prioritizing, and anticipating needs.
- Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management, and co-workers to their understanding.
- Fluency in English, fluency in additional languages a plus.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of guest information.
- Flexible schedule - willing and able to work shift duties that may include evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill necessary tasks.
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 25lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length.
- Experience: 1 to 2 years of previous experience in a similar position would be an asset but not required, we will train the right candidate.
- Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat and well-groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided).
- Must be fully vaccinated.