Come spend the summer in the Arctic... Work hard, play harder!
Breath-taking views of the Brooks Range & Northern Lights!
- $12.00 - $15.00 / hour + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Bettles Lodge is hiring all positions for this summer and beyond. Come enjoy the midnight sun 35 miles North of the Arctic Circle in Bettles, Alaska this summer.
Come experience the Arctic in our very small, fly-in-only community. Bettles is located just south of the Brooks Range Mountains and less than 1/2 mile from the shores of the Koyukuk River. We are looking for some great hard working team members who love working with people and our Sled Dogs!
Enjoy the endless summer sun and then as we approach fall (late August/September), you will have a chance to view the amazing Aurora Borealis. Our summer season starts between May 1 and June 1 and ends on October 15. We are always looking for full-time help in the off-season as well, for the right person this is a year-round job with benifits like paid vacation and 401K!
We provide room and board for our employees. You can expect a "dry" private sleeping room (i.e. short walk to the bathroom, shower, and laundry). The employee rooms are comfortable, but rustic. We do not allow employee pets.
We pay $12 per hour with time and 1/2 for hours over 8 hours per day or over 40 hours per week. For those with relevant work experience, pay is negotiable. There is also an end-of-season bonus upon successful completion of the season. Tips are split equally between all staff members (approximately 12 this season). You will have the opportunity to go flightseeing on your day off to the only two Arctic National Parks in the American Park system. You will also be able to enjoy river floats with our guests and enjoy other outdoor activities.
Expect physically hard work in Bettles, where every job requires standing, lifting, negotiating uneven ground, climbing up and down stairs, and hard work no matter what position you have with our Lodge!
We are looking for energetic team members that love people, nature, and dogs!! (20 of our best friends "Sled Dogs" on site) We are a small family-run business and we believe in working hard and playing hard. Teamwork is essential. While everyone has a primary job function, you must be willing to do any job including (but not limited to) aircraft fueling, brush clearing, wood splitting, housekeeping, answering the phone, and more! Customer service and helping our Guests with their "bucket list" is always #1!. We are currently hiring for the following positions.
- Short Order Cook: You should expect to cook for approximately 50 - 75 people each day and be able to prep, cook & plate by yourself. We also have a snack shop so we need at least two cooks/sandwich makers/shop keep.
- Server/Dishwasher: We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. Additionally, we have a full service bar.
- Front Desk Clerk: You will be attending to our front desk and assisting with housekeeping, serving food & drink, and fueling airplanes when needed among other jobs around the Lodge.
- Outdoor Maintenance: Fueling airplanes, minor maintenance on building and vehicles, cutting wood, etc... you name it! If you are handy and can fix things, we need YOU!
- Dog Handler: We need a dog lover to take care of our 20 Alaskan huskies and give kennel tours to our guests. Consider staying through next winter and mushing dogs next winter!
Note: There is no cell service, and limited internet access. You MUST be able to disconnect from the electronic world!
How to Apply
Please send a resume with at least 5 professional reference to email@example.com. For more information about the job, please call and talk to Eric or Donna at (907) 692-5111.