Join the Best Friends team as a Reservationist at our new Roadhouse & Mercantile!
The Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Kanab, Utah is a lifesaving haven for hundreds of adoptable animals, nestled in between the sprawling red rocks of Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon and Zion national par
- Kanab, Utah
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (Apr 01, 2019)
The Reservationist of the new, pet-centric Best Friends Roadhouse & Mercantile will join the team in advance of opening and assist with the implementation of our new Property Management and booking engine software prior to accepting lodging reservations.
Once systems are operational, the Reservationist will then begin the professional handling of voice lodging reservations while responding to all guest (and potential guest) inquiries and requests for information via voice, email, etc.
The Reservationist position is a temporary position and may evolve into a regular Front Desk or Night Audit position, or other position upon the opening of the new property.
The Reservationist will build relationships with all callers and guests, and through Best Friends and Roadhouse technology will appropriately recognize those guests who are already Best Friends members, donors, volunteers and supporters.
- Provide excellent guest service at all times in the handling of lodging reservations via telephone, or online.
- Ensure detailed, accurate lodging reservations for all guests prior to, and during the property opening are accurately entered in Roadhouse software systems and updated as necessary.
- Notify appropriate Best Friend's department heads of specific VIP's and donors who are contacting the property directly.
- Ensure detailed entries in Best Friend's software systems such as Blackbaud.
- Perform other opening duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated front desk and guest service skills required.
- Knowledge of basic office software including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and other comparable systems.
- Strong familiarity, and past experience with hospitality technology software and systems including property management, guest communications, digital locks etc. is strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of inspired guest service is required.
- Demonstrated integrity and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information is required.
- Accurately handle and process all financial transactions in accordance with Best Friend's accounting standards.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time on a computer with repetitive typing, arm and hand movement.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time in order to capture reservations and meet the needs of guests.
- Ability to regularly work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays as needed to accept guest reservations.
How to Apply
Please apply using the following link: