Looking for a Summer Job with an Experience YOU'LL NEVER FORGET?
Bentley’s Saloon and Campground is a unique seasonal (April through October) food, beverage, entertainment and lodging destination place in Maine that promotes fun! The business includes indoor/outdoor bars with dining, dance floor and band stage areas; six-room motel; campground with more than 53 full-service sites plus rental units, and a gift shop.
Nestled in the small town of Arundel with a population of approximately 2,000 on the southeast coast of Maine. Just minutes from Kennebunk Beach and Kennebunkport and less than 30 minutes south of Portland, Maine.
About Bentley's Saloon & Campground
Our guests and employees are family to us and are a true testament to the diversified culture of fun that has made Bentley’s popular nationwide, even worldwide! Our motto is "Who has more fun than us? .... We do!"
We offer guests entertainment nearly every day of the week - Paint Nites on Mondays, Tuesday Cruisin' Night Car Shows, Open Mic Bands on Wednesday nights, karaoke and other talent on Thursdays and live bands performing Friday through Sunday. Every weekend is a celebration at the Saloon with pig roasts on Saturdays and fresh Maine Lobster meals offered daily along with bbq's. We have monthly theme parties, charity fundraisers, motorcycle benefit runs and shows, even corn hole tournaments! Guests of all ages come to ride our popular "hog", celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, bachelor/bachelorette parties or just come to hang out with their friends and make new friends. The saloon's outdoor courtyard is described as a friendly backyard BBQ atmosphere. The camping experience is one of a kind!
To truly get an idea, make sure to visit our website.
Our season is April through October. Peak season is Memorial weekend through Columbus Day weekend.
The Employee Experience
We're a hot spot where our guests come to have fun! As an employee, you will be in an atmosphere where all the guests are happy! We promote monthly theme parties, car shows, motorcycle shows, charity events, corn hole tournaments, costume parties and more! We enjoy being part of our guests' experiences, and the enjoyment is contagious! Guaranteed after a season working with our family and friends, you'll have incredible stories to tell and many new friends. Our positions are typical for the hospitality industry, but the atmosphere and entertainment make us unique.
“Attitude is everything.” If you have a positive, team player attitude with a strong work ethic and enjoy working in an entertaining atmosphere with high volume on weekends, you are a good fit for Bentley’s.
Room and Board
- Ideal for couples who travel in RV - campground site available for minimum fee
- Rentals available for $50 to $75/week based on number of occupants
- 50% off meals
- 50% off meals
- 20% off gift shop merchandise
- Opportunities for college financial benefit
- Bonus incentives
Getting Here and Getting Around
Having your own vehicle is optimal. A bicycle works too. Public transportation available and/or our transportation department. Campground, saloon, motel and gift shop all within walking distance of each other.
Arundel is nestled on the southeast coast of Maine, minutes from Kennebunk and Old Orchard Beaches and Kennebunkport, and less than 30 miles south of Portland, Maine. Portland sets on a peninsula extending into Casco Bay. The Old Port waterfront features working fishing wharves and converted warehouses with restaurants and shops. Nearby, the Western Promenade is a public park atop a bluff, offering river and mountain views. Its surrounding district, the West End, is full of Victorian-era homes, including the Victoria Mansion museum. Biking, hiking, kayaking, whale watching, antiquing, tourist shopping, and fishing are all close by to Arundel.
Our season is April through October with the peak period Memorial Day weekend through Columbus Day weekend. Seeking positions in the following departments - kitchen, front of house, gift shop, campground, maintenance/housekeeping, security and operations office. Experience preferred for most departments, we will train candidates with a positive attitude. However, bartenders and servers must be experienced and TIPS certified.
Assist management with daily operations of business. Must be able to multi-task, have strong work ethics, open minded to challenges and willingness to assist wherever needed. Experience with Microsoft office products required. Quickbooks preferred.
Bartender-Money Handling: count and keep issued money bag at amount given, and keys in possession at all times during the season. Accurately charge guests, provide correct change and keep tips separate from cash bag and cash drop. Cash drop is amount due on cash out report, Bartender is responsible for amount due and will be held accountable for discrepancies. All cash bags are to be counted not in the view of the guest and all remaining money is not counted and dropped with report. Check all large bills with counterfeit money detector pen.
Cleaning and stocking: clean all tools used during shift before shift change. Refill and clean all fruit trays, juice containers and beer coolers when bar backs not scheduled. Remove all trash, dirty dishes and empty bottles from bar throughout shift. Wipe down all bottles, secure bottle pourers and cover with caps at night. Make sure bar is clean and stocked at all times with paper products, silverware, condiments, menus, specials and event information. Make a list of bottles needed following the pars set for the Manager on Duty for the Manager to stock.
Serve Food, Beers, and cocktails following the recipes with accurate pours for Guests and service bar with a smile and friendly demeanor.
Server-Money Handling: Bring a small bank to make change for your guests. Servers are responsible for making correct change and money due on their cash report. Server is responsible for amount due and will be held accountable for discrepancies.
Cleaning and stocking: clean all tools used during shift before shift change. Refill and clean all condiment caddies and their contents. Remove all trash, dirty dishes and empty bottles from Saloon and Courtyard throughout shift. Wipe down all tables, stools and common kitchen areas. Make sure wait stands are clean and stocked at all times with paper products, silverware, condiments, menus, specials and event information.
Serve Food, Beers, and cocktails to Guests working with teammates with a smile and friendly demeanor.
Bartenders and servers:
Arrive in uniform, on time and ready to start shift for scheduled time.
Must be TIPS certified and experienced.
Events: Participate and have a strong knowledge of daily events, calendar specials and promotions in the saloon.
Campground security & assistance. Site available. Ideal for working couple.
The purpose of the position is to aid in the smooth and effective operation of the business primarily to oversee the full closing procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand completely policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, training and promotional programs.
- Ensure guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
- Ensure food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards when Kitchen Manager is not on duty.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with saloon’s policies and procedures.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Continually strive to develop staff in all areas of managerial and professional development.
- Ensure equipment is kept clean and in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the saloon’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Be knowledgeable of saloon’s policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations pertaining to health, safety and labor requirements of the saloon, employees and guests.
- Maintain cleaning and organizational schedules.
- Have at least one year front-house operations and/or management experience in the hospitality field.
- Ability to perform professionally and provide leadership during extremely busy sales periods.
- Possess excellent basic math skills and have the ability to operate a cash register or POS system.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must have stamina to work 40 to 50 hours per week, if needed.
- Ability to be fully committed to business during our season.
- Certification in food safety procedures is preferred.
- TIPS Certification.
Arrive ready to start shift for scheduled time, with a “Who has more fun than us?... We do!” attitude. The Gift Shop is often the first and last impression Bentley’s makes upon our guests; our goal is to make them feel happy to have arrived and eager to return.
Gift Shop Duties: Greet all guests as they enter the shop. Be knowledgeable of merchandise; help guests find and select items. Keep shop clean and stocked; including folding, re-shelving, and dusting. Operate cash register, including make change and accurately count drawer at close.
Reservationist Duties: Learn to use computerized reservation system; be familiar with Bentley’s lodging options so as to help guests choose, if necessary. Take reservations over the phone and in person, while also performing general and gift shop duties. Check in guests upon arrival. Field questions, compliments and complaints from current, past and future guests.
General Duties: Participate in and have a strong knowledge of daily events, calendar specials and promotions in the saloon, including saloon policies and hours/dates of operation. Answer telephone prepared to field all manner of inquiry; find out answers if necessary and return phone calls to guests. Coordinate transportation requests and museum tours. Answer emails from guests and management. Perform occasional light clerical duties.
- Maintain inventory of gift shop merchandise with ECRS inventory control program.
- Label merchandise with sku tags.
- Insure merchandise is always stocked in gift shop.
- Ability to lift 40 to 50 pounds.
- Maintain cleanliness and order of gift shop and stock room areas.
- Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (chopping vegetables, preparing sauces, cutting meat
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef's instructions
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Comply with nutrition and sanitization guide lines
- Ensure that food come out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and guests
Follow the prep list created by chefs to plan duties
Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
Perform other kitchen duties
Positively identify saloon patrons and ensure they have attained their 21st birthday prior to entering the Saloon to consume any alcoholic beverages.
Patrol Saloon premises to prevent and detect signs of improper or unauthorized use of building entrances and exits as well as the security of doors, windows and gates.
Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, removal of patrons, presence of unauthorized persons or unusual occurrences.
Circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees or preserve order and protect property. Remove any empty bottles and glasses about the premises and deliver them to their pre-determined locations.
Warn persons of rule infractions or violations and evict violators from premises when appropriate.
Inspection and adjust security systems, equipment and machinery to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering.
How to Apply
- Attend our fair at the Bentley's Saloon, 1601 Portland Road, Arundel, Maine, on Monday, April 3, 2018 from 11 am to 7 pm.
- Email your resume to email@example.com
- Check out our website and see why our favorite saying is "Who has more fun than us? .... We do!"