Best Jobs on the Planet!
Bear Valley is a premier mountain destination getaway for winter and summer recreation and adventure.
Conveniently located in California's Sierra Nevada mountains, just 3 hours from the Bay Area.
About Skyline Bear Valley Resorts
Bear Valley is home to a ski area with 9 lifts, 1600 acres of World Class terrain, a 42 room hotel, 3 bars and restaurants and several other businesses in the Village center. Breathtaking vistas, sparkling lakes, and lush meadows are all within walking distance of our facilities.
Our spectacular Mountain Playground rests on the edge of the wilderness, yet so close to the Bay Area, without the crowds/traffic of other major destination resort areas. Bear Valley is a guest experience focused resort that offers unique options for fun seasonal (winter and summer) job experiences along with growth and development within the company. We provide a dynamic and collaborative workplace in a stimulating environment known for its Pure Mountain Fun.
The Employee Experience
We promote a spirit of collaboration and cross-functionality throughout our organization and encourage team members to gain as much skill, experience and learning from as many areas of our operation as possible. This diversity stimulates enjoyment and growth for our staff year round.
Here's a look at what we seek in YOU, potential candidates to come to live, work and be a part of our friendly community:
- You provide exceptional guest service.
- You thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- You enjoy learning and developing new skills and abilities.
- You are a strong team player and develop good working relationships.
- You consistently maintain a positive and friendly attitude.
- You are a motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- You are a great problem solver.
- You love the mountain environment and being around like-minded, yet diverse individuals.
- You are calm and composed and bring great value to the Bear Valley experience.
Room and Board
Skyline Bear Valley Resorts housing is located in Bear Valley Village and down the highway 4 corridor at Tamarack and Cottage Springs (winter only), offering a variety of options including cabins, condos and a dormitory style lodge with shared baths, kitchen and common areas.
** In the summer season employee housing is more limited. We will help with referrals. Please let HR know if housing is required in order to accept a summer job at the resort **
Employee housing units are assigned by our Human Resources specialists in the Fall before the season begins. To inquire about housing please mark on your application that you will need housing and/or give Human Resources a call at 209-753-2301 ext. 603.
Skyline Bear Valley Resort Winter 2020/2021 Employee Benefits
Employees must be actively employed to receive these benefits/privileges:
• Free Season Pass to ski/snowboard – while actively employed only • Free Dependent Season Passes (based on employee status / classification) • Competitive Pay – locally and within the industry • Free Employee Shuttle to/from Mountain daily beginning in Murphys • $10 Employee Standard Equipment Rental (ski or snowboard) – this is an occasional privilege; employees should purchase their own ski/board gear • $20 Dependent Standard Ski/Snowboard Equipment Rental • 50% off Demo Equipment Rentals from Reba Sports (employees only) • Free Group Lessons, Sun-Fri, non-holiday/peak (with a paying customer) • $25 two-hour group lessons for employee dependents ages 4+ • 25-50% off Team Programs for dependent(s), varies based on classification • 25% off Retail Purchases at Reba Sports (employees only) • 50% off Helmet Purchase for Employees at Reba Sports (limit one per season) • 25% discount on purchases at the General Store (excludes alcohol and the deli) • 25% off Food Purchases at all BVM locations (cafeteria, coffee café and BBQ’s) • 25% off Food Purchases at Skyhigh Pizza Pub, Creekside Bistro and Grizzly Bar • 30% Discount on lodging at Bear Valley Lodge, mid-week, non-holiday; (eligible employee must book reservation; based on availability) • Discounted Friends and Family Lift Ticket Vouchers; one per paycheck, starting the last pay period of December • Direct Deposit of paychecks • Bear Valley Adventure Company (Cross Country resort) – Free daily trail pass for XC skiing or snowshoeing valid Sunday thru Friday (non-holiday) only. $5 XC equipment/tube/sled rentals for all employees; free for managers
** All programs and prices subject to change with or without notice **
Getting Here and Getting Around
Bear Valley is an iconic mountain destination in the Stanislaus National Forest. Due to our remote location and distance from bigger cities, a personal vehicle is highly recommended. Bear Valley offers an employee shuttle during winter operations with stops in Avery, Arnold, Dorrington, Camp Connell, and Bear Valley. Calaveras Transit offers public transportation between Arnold and outlying areas like Murphys, Angels Camp, and Sonora. There is currently no public transportation available between Arnold and Bear Valley.
What else is there to do at BV? Bear Valley is a small alpine village offering restaurants and pubs, a general store, sports shop, and snowmobile center. During the winter months, most activities around the village are geared toward snow sports, whether cross-country skiing, snowshoeing or snowmobiling. Sparkling lakes to swim, fish, & boat, close access to hiking trails including the Pacific Crest Trail, rock climbing, and bicycling make Bear Valley the ultimate summer getaway. Although Bear Valley does not offer up the same nightlife opportunities as Lake Tahoe (like casinos or large nightclubs), Bear Valley’s local population is sure to keep you entertained. Often live music or movie nights in the Village pubs, a monthly book club meets at the local library, there are weekly yoga classes, and there are often daytime activities happening at the mountain. Within just over an hour’s drive are world-class golf courses, wine tasting, movie theaters, bowling alleys, and Casinos. Throughout the season Bear Valley also offers destination trips to places like Lake Tahoe and Yosemite.
How to Apply
Please complete our online application via the links below. We look forward to hearing from you!