Adventurous Cook needed in the Sierra Nevada
Small mountain town located between Lake Tahoe & Yosemite, CA.
- Bear Valley, California
- $20.00 / hour + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Jul 01, 2022)
The Bear Valley Adventure Company (BVAC) is looking for an outstanding individual to prepare delicious food at our Reba’s Toll House Café this summer. Summer is here and we need just one more cook to kick-off the season. The start date is flexible for the right person.
Reba's Toll House Cafe is an artisan food trailer with modern equipment, bountiful natural light, and good ventilation. Here is the current summer menu, and we are open to changes to best suit the cooks' creativity and passion. This position could extend into the winter, as we operate a snowbound cafe within our cross country ski and snowshoe trails system. Affordable on-site housing is available.
BVAC is a year-round business that operates a world-class cross country ski and snowshoe center during the winter, then switches to bike and boat rentals/sales in the summer. In addition, BVAC runs an adventure store, mini-mart, and gas station, while serving as the local resource and hub for all the outdoor activities in the Bear Valley area (hiking, biking, boating, camping, fishing, stargazing, skiing, and more).
BVAC is owned by a community cooperative that was formed for the betterment of our small mountain town. This unique business structure encourages us to make decisions not only based on profits but also on ways to improve our community. While profits are important the coop's directive and support lessen the pressure of return on investment and enable us to focus on the best customer service possible.
- Hourly Pay with Direct Deposit
- Paid holiday on your birthday. If during peak period, the paid holiday may need to be rescheduled
- Paid personal/sick days accrue at 1 hour per every 20 hours of work
- 30% off retail store clothing, gear, and equipment
- A complimentary meal during a cafe shift
- 50% off cafe food when not working
- $0.20 per gallon discount on gas
- Complimentary use of rental kayaks, canoes, SUPs, and mountain bikes, skis, snowshoes, including sledding, and tubing
- Work for the best company in town
While this job is listed as seasonal, year-round work is also possible for the right person as BVAC operates a snowbound cafe in the winter during our cross country ski and snowshoe season.