Work, Live, and Play in Wyoming's Scenic Big Horn Mountains!
An Outdoor Enthusiast's Paradise with Breathtaking Views and Scenery
- Dayton, Wyoming
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Located in Wyoming's scenic Big Horn Mountains, Bear Lodge Resort and Elk View Inn are both recognized as a foremost destination for winter, spring, summer, and fall outdoor enthusiasts alike. Snowmobiling, ORV, hunting, hiking, and blue ribbon fishing are just some of the many recreational opportunities available. Our resorts' amenities include motel rooms, cabins, banquet and conference rooms, indoor pool and hot tub, restaurant, bar, gift shop, gasoline, ATV and Snowmobile rentals, RV sites, and more!
**Experienced Maintenance Staff Needed! Year Round positions include Salary Plus Room and Board!**
The position requires self-motivated individuals who have a positive attitude and a strong work ethic, and who are responsible, reliable, honest, and trustworthy. A successful applicant will be able to maintain the cosmetic appearance and the mechanical function of all resort buildings and grounds in both the interior and exterior of the property by performing routine preventative maintenance and repairs and ensuring that all the resort facilities and equipment are working correctly. Must also display the flexibility to deal with everchanging situations as they pertain to guests, owners, staff, and workloads.
- Makes minor repairs such as electrical, mechanical, plumbing, HVAC, and carpentry to resort buildings, equipment, and facilities
- Inspects all operating systems and components of the resort to ensure they are operating properly, efficiently, and safely
- Promptly responds to front desk reports of guest problems or concerns, and informs front desk when action is complete
- Shovels snow
- Replaces light bulbs and fixtures as needed
- Makes accurate readings of septic system meters
- Resets/replaces breakers
- Maintains HVAC systems
- Drives and operates maintenance vehicles on and off property
- Completes all maintenance related paperwork accurately
- Maintains inventory of equipment, tools, and supplies
- Maintains all storage areas, shops, and mechanical areas in a clean, safe, and secure manner
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of facilities maintenance, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, mechanical, carpentry, and grounds experience required
- Hospitality Industry maintenance work experience preferred
- Must have a valid US driver's license
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must possess good communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Must be able to follow directions and instructions and act in a professional manner
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must demonstrate a commitment to customer service by responding promptly to property needs
- Must have a passion for providing exceptional service to guests and staff
- Must have a strong attention to detail
- Proficient skills in operating various hand tools, power equipment, and commercial machinery
- Knowledge of safety and environmental policies
- Availability to respond to resort needs and work on-call during non-business hours as needed
Physical Requirements To Perform Job Duties:
- Need to be physically fit and able to crouch, crawl, squat, kneel, twist, turn, push, pull, grasp, and reach down, forward, and overhead repetitively
- Ability to do lots of heavy lifting and carrying (50+lbs) and frequent climbing of stairs and ladders
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven, and sometimes slippery surfaces for long periods of time
- Ability to endure seasonal temperatures and adverse weather as working conditions require frequent outdoor work
- Must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle
Hand tools including screwdrivers, hammer, measuring tape, utility knife, cordless drill, level, pliers, wrenches, shovels, step ladders, brooms, etc. General cleaning supplies and cleaning equipment. Power tools including drill, screwdriver, nail gun, skill saw, etc.
How to Apply
Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!