Overnight Summer Camp Counselor Needed @ Summer Camp in Austin, TX - Music Capital of the World!
Austin Sunshine Camps is located in the heart of Austin in Zilker Park
- Austin, Texas
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in about 2 months (May 14, 2018)
Overnight summer camp counselor Needed!
Join Austin Sunshine Camps team now and help low-income kids experience the joy of summer camp!
Since 1928 Austin Sunshine Camps has provided a free week-long summer camp programs to more than 50,000 youth in Central Texas. Our resident camp at Zilker Park serves campers ages 7-11 while our Lake Travis facility hosts campers ages 12-15. We offer eight sessions of camp throughout the summer and welcome 60-100 campers per week. Camp sessions teach life skills, self-confidence, trust, and teamwork while providing outdoor recreation through activities such as arts and crafts, sports, canoeing, hiking, swimming, and other team activities.
Summer camp counselors are the primary caregivers for campers and are responsible for group and behavior management as well as guiding campers in their personal growth and daily living skills.
- 18 years of age
- High school diploma or GED
- One year of college or vocational school
- U.S. citizen, national, or legal permanent resident alien of the United States
- Ability to hike for up to two miles over steep and/or rough terrain
- Ability to carry 35 pounds a minimum of 50 feet
- Deep water lifeguard certification or ability to attain
- Monthly living allowance of $1107.78
- Your choice of a $1,252.91 Segal AmeriCorps Education Award or $350.74 end-of-service stipend
- Summer Housing at Austin YMBL Sunshine Camps Zilker Park Lodge (Required)
- Network of over 200,000 AmeriCorps VISTA volunteers and alums
May 14 – August 5, 2018
How to Apply