Fall Housekeepers Needed at the Asticou!
Between the Atlantic Ocean and the mountains of Acadia National Park!
- Northeast Harbor, Maine
- $12.00 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Aug 12, 2019)
Job Summary: Perform duties in the cleaning, servicing, and preparing of guest rooms and bath. Clean other areas of the inn such as public restrooms, hallways, and employee bathrooms.
- Make beds neatly with fresh sheets and pillowcases.
- Empty wastebaskets and remove any stray trash from the room.
- Clean mirrors and windows.
- Wipe doors, door frames, and furniture.
- Dust light fixtures, window sills, and baseboards.
- Ensure that all furniture is arranged properly, and all light bulbs are working
- Replenish all supplies such as clean towels, soap, shower products, pens, and stationery.
- Adjust shades and curtains.
- Vacuum floors.
- Check porches for dishes, trash, etc. Wipe all porch furniture and see that it is arranged properly.
- Clean bathrooms: scrub basin, bathtub, toilet, tile, and grout. Wipe all other surfaces.
- If a guest is present, offer to help them with anything they might be missing.
- Maintain storerooms and housekeeping caddy in an orderly manner.
- Report any unusual conditions or repairs required that you find in any room.
- Take direction from the Executive Housekeeper and the Housekeeping Supervisor, as well as other managers regarding special projects/events.
- Support the Inn’s basic mission of providing every guest with an outstanding customer service experience.
Work Schedules: 5 or 6 days per week. 40-50 hours. Shifts may change and vary in length according to seasonal business.
Housekeepers must be able to spend long hours on their feet. The position requires much bending, kneeling and reaching. Some tasks may require lifting heavy loads. This job requires the employee to be around customers and co-workers at all times. The housekeeper must be able to communicate effectively and meet hygiene and appearance standards at all times.
How to Apply
Fill out our online application here - click on the link below!