Want to work outside? Earn tips? Be a Service Assistant at the Asticou this fall!
Between the Atlantic Ocean and the mountains of Acadia National Park!
- Northeast Harbor, Maine
- $8.50 / hour + tips
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Jul 14, 2018)
The service assistant works in several different capacities within the restaurant: busing, setting, food running, hosting, seating guests, and barbacking. SA’s also aid guest satisfaction wherever possible, whether by filling a guest’s immediate requests or by filling a server’s requests when s/he is too busy accomplish a task alone. SA’s will also perform regular cleaning duties and staff the breakfast buffet.
- Greet all restaurant guests with a smile and helpful attitude.
- Take restaurant reservations and manage a waitlist for seating.
- Clean empty tables quickly but efficiently, with a mind to sanitation, safety, and protection of hotel property.
- Reset tables quickly but presentably.
- Keep bus stations stocked with all necessary items at all times.
- Carry bus trays to dish station efficiently and safely.
- Run food to servers & bartenders
- Take direction from the host as to which tables should be the seating priority.
- Communicate effectively with the servers; make sure they are aware of any guest needs that may have been communicated to you, help them with a variety of tasks as needed.
- Help the bartender with changing kegs, stocking ice, stocking glassware, etc.
- Tend the breakfast buffet as scheduled.
- Help guests with any needs they might bring to your attention.
- Basic cleaning tasks, both regular and assigned.
- Take direction from managers and supervisor regarding special events/projects.
- Support the Inn’s basic mission of providing each guest with an excellent hospitality experience.
Work Schedule: There are three basic SA shifts: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. Most days you will work two of these shifts with a break in between to eat and rest.
Qualifications: SA’s must be able to spend long hours on their feet. Some tasks may require lifting heavy loads. This job requires the SA to be around customers and co-workers at all times. The SA must be able to communicate effectively and meet hygiene and appearance standards.
How to Apply
Click APPLY NOW and please fill out our online application