Asticou Inn Seeking Public Attendant
Between the Atlantic Ocean and the mountains of Acadia National Park!
- Northeast Harbor, Maine
- $10.00 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (May 14, 2018)
Maintain cleanliness and appearance standards in the Inn’s public and service areas. Support the housekeeping staff with supplies and assistance. Complete regular cleaning duties both daily and as assigned.
- Perform cleaning duties including vacuuming, spotting rugs, dusting, polishing metal trim, dusting light fixtures, and cleaning mirrors in public areas.
- Clean public restrooms.
- Sweep and vacuum basement floors.
- Wash EDR floors twice weekly.
- Empty public wastebaskets.
- Clean lobby windows as needed.
- Shampoo rugs and furniture as needed.
- Check and clean all vacuums daily, notify manager if repair is needed.
- Check supply of pool towels; take dirty ones to laundry.
- Replenish housekeeping caddies as needed.
- Clean decks and outdoor furniture.
- Assist maintenance with heavy lifting / other big projects.
- Respond in a courteous manner to guest’s questions, complaints, or requests.
- Take direction from Executive Housekeeper, Housekeeping Supervisor, and other managers regarding special projects / events.
- Support the Inn’s basic mission of providing all guests with an outstanding customer service experience.
Usually 5 or 6 days per week. 40-50 hours. Scheduling may change and vary according to business and number of bookings.
The public attendant must be able to spend long hours on their feet. Much bending, kneeling and reaching is required. Some tasks may require lifting heavy loads. This job requires the employee to be around customers and co-workers at all times. Must be able to communicate effectively and meet hygiene and appearance standards at all times.
How to Apply
Please fill out our online application by clicking the Apply Now button!