Asticou Inn Seeking an Excellent Sous Chef - Is it you?
Between the Atlantic Ocean and the mountains of Acadia National Park!
- Northeast Harbor, Maine
- $18.00 / hour
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in about 2 months (May 07, 2018)
Job Summary: Assist Executive Chef in management of kitchen operations, supervises kitchen employees and ensures that proper sanitation, cost and quality standards are maintained. Assist Executive Chef with creation of weekly specials and implementation of new menu items. Assumes duties of the Executive Chef in the Chef’s absence.
- Supervises and participates in preparation and production of all menu items.
- Estimate food needs, review inventory and ensure that adequate supplies are available at all times.
- Perform skilled cooking and plating of menu items during service hours.
- Supervise and coordinate employee dining room menu and preparation.
- Assist in evaluating new recipes and products.
- Supervises and participates in general, organizational and sanitary maintenance of all kitchen and storage areas.
- Train and instruct employees in cooking, food prep, food handling and presentation techniques.
- Assist the Executive Chef in maintaining kitchen records, scheduling, inventory and cost control.
- Oversee kitchen operations in Executive Chef’s absence.
- Promote professionalism, courtesy and a safe-space kitchen atmosphere.
- Take direction from Executive Chef and other managers regarding special projects / events.
- Support the Inn’s general mission of providing excellent hospitality experience to all guests.
Qualifications: Advanced technical knowledge of food preparation, cooking and sanitation required. Previous kitchen supervisory experience preferred. Artistic and creative presentation techniques a must. This job requires standing for long periods. Some tasks may require heavy lifting. The Sous Chef will be required to be around other staff members at all times. Effective communication skills and proper hygiene required.