Asticou Inn Seeking Full-time Maintenance Professional
Between the Atlantic Ocean and the mountains of Acadia National Park!
- Northeast Harbor, Maine
- $15.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in about 1 month (Apr 30, 2018)
Job Summary: Performs general cleaning and minor maintenance duties in maintaining Asticou’s main building, cottages, adjacent walks and grounds, and equipment in clean, orderly and functional condition. Provides assistance to staff, visitors and other employees as necessary.
- Receives oral or written work orders from the Maintenance Manager or Front Desk.
- Performs work according to standard procedure and by building's operational schedule.
- Performs regular pool testing and maintenance.
- Performs regular tennis court maintenance.
- Makes minor carpentry, electrical, mechanical and plumbing repairs.
- Performs touch up and finish painting.
- Empties recycling bins and keeps dumpster area clear of debris.
- Replaces light bulbs.
- Sets up and tears down chairs for field events
- Clears debris from entrances and walkways.
- Picks up and delivers supplies and materials when needed.
- Follows all applicable safety rules and procedures.
- Reports work accomplished orally or on written work order to supervisor.
- Participates in general cleaning, painting, and repair work.
- Uses hand tools and power tools in making minor maintenance repairs and maintaining grounds and walks.
- Provides assistance to managers, visitors, and other employees as necessary.
- Checks building at beginning and end of shifts.
Qualifications: Basic to advanced technical knowledge of general woodworking, painting, plumbing and electrical repairs. Previous experience from groundskeeping, construction or maintenance positions preferred. Some tasks may require heavy lifting. Willingness to work in poor weather conditions including heat, cold and rain. Effective communication skills and proper hygiene required.