Work for Aspen Ski Company's Growing Brand at the Limelight Hotel in downtown Aspen!
Town of Aspen and Aspen Mountain, work in town and have access to all that the Aspen area provides
- Aspen, Colorado
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Mar 05, 2018)
Provide operational, training, and managerial oversight to the Food and Beverage Department in the Limelight Lounge, Banquets, Room Service, the Bar and breakfast service. In addition, provide administrative support to the Food and Beverage Manager as deemed necessary by the manager. This is a working manager position that provides leadership for all personnel directly. Also to establish and maintain food and beverage standards of quality and service ensuring these remain the highest in Aspen.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Display at all times a friendly, courteous and professional manner in all dealings with guests and employees.
- Assist in the hiring process for F&B
- Responsible for annual and 60-day reviews of all F&B employees.
- Makes financial decisions as it relates to daily operations.
- Assist to ensure all labor and expense budgets are followed.
- Responsible for conducting a daily walk through inspection of Food and Beverage operational areas and storage facilities, providing the F&B Director with a daily report identifying problems and listing action taken to fix the problem.
- Communicates daily with F&B Manager, ensuring any urgent requests or issues are brought to light immediately.
- Operate as Banquet, Restaurant, Bar Manager as needed.
- Supervise Food and Beverage staff in their work, maintaining high-performance levels.
- Enforce and upgrade service standards, procedures and policies.
- Assist in weekly department meetings and contribute training and role play examples. Attend scheduled management meetings.
- Assist in coordination of room service efforts to assist in banquet operations.
- Assist the F&B operation with advertising and promotional needs.
- Maintain accurate records of banquet revenue and labor costs, providing a month-end report to Food and Beverage manager.
- Complete reports, projects and paperwork as assigned on a timely basis.
- Develop and discipline staff with input from department managers.
- Assists with payroll related tasks for Food and Beverage employees
- Complete tasks and projects delegated by your Supervisor assist other departments as business volumes and staff levels demand.
- Report to work in a neatly groomed and acceptable manner as outlined in the employee handbook and departmental rules.
- Report to shift on time.
- Enforce and comply with all policies and procedures for the Food and Beverage Department, The Limelight Hotel and the Aspen Skiing Company.
Education & License/Certifications
- College Education in a related field is preferred
- Court of Master Sommelier Level 1 certification is strongly preferred
- Ability to fluently communicate in spoken and written English is required.
- 5 years of progressive Food & Beverage management experience is preferred
- Experience with Micros POS system is an advantage
- Experience with KRONOS timekeeping system is an advantage
- Good Communication skills
- Competent with Microsoft office programs
- Good guest service and resolution skills.
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong organization and office management skills
- Able to stand high levels of stress.
- Standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, talking, hearing, keyboard operations and seeing.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Aspen Skiing Company Hospitality standards.
How to Apply