Competitive pay, subsidized housing and meals Included
Work and live in the enchanting mountains of North Carolina
- year round
- Boone, North Carolina
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Title: Dining Lead
Reports to: Sous Chef/Executive Chef
Job type: Full-Time Position
The Boone Art of Living Retreat Center is an award-winning mountaintop wellness center in beautiful Boone, NC. Surrounded by nature, we offer immersive experiences through the powerful practices of meditation, mindfulness, yoga, and Ayurveda.
We operate a fully Plant Based kitchen. While you are not required to follow this lifestyle yourself, you are expected to respect and be excited about these philosophies of cooking. We believe in an inclusive and respectful work environment. Our dining hall is the social hub of our retreat center.
We are seeking a vibrant, positive, and engaging Dining Room Lead who values communication, community, and loves working in a team environment. This person would bring a sense of joy and service to their work helping to manage our dining hall. Their duties would include the daily management of our dining service, ensuring all buffets are stocked, clean, and maintained through service. This person will be responsible for cleanliness and order of the dining room at large. They will work with our dining staff and BOH to ensure that our quest receive the highest level of service we can provide
What you’ll do here:
- Adhere to set standards, procedures, department rules and sanitation requirements
- Ensure prompt and friendly customer service
- Maintain quality and service standards
- Ensure all staff are knowledgeable about menu offerings and individual ingredients
- Educate staff about potential food allergies and how to make customers aware of these ingredients
- Ensure all staff follow strict personal safety, food safety and food storage guidelines
- Supervise and maintain restaurant cleanliness to meet regulatory sanitation and hygiene standards
- Manage inventory
- Interact with restaurant guests to gauge satisfaction and improve customer service
- Respond to customer feedback and resolving conflicts effectively
- Operate the point-of-sale system, processing payments, and issuing gift cards
Skills and Qualifications
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively manage time and stay on task
- Familiarity with the best practices in the hotel and catering services industry
- Knowledge of health and safety standards
- Ability to multitask and work quickly under pressure
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- A positive attitude, strong work ethic and a teamwork mentality
- Willingness and ability to learn and adjust to an ever changing environment
Preferred but not required:
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar role
- High school diploma or Equivalency/GED
- Subsidized health/dental insurance after 90 days
- Paid vacation and sick time after 90 Days
- 401k enrollment after 1 year
- Discounts and complimentary access to our signature programs and activities
- Opportunity to live and work in a beautiful and serene environment
For those who are inclined towards a lifestyle of meditation and personal growth, there is plenty of opportunity.
About the Art of Living Retreat Center
Opened in 2012, the Art of Living Retreat Center is an outgrowth of the Art of Living Foundation’s 40+ year global commitment to health, happiness, and Ayurveda.
Our community is built around a spiritual and wellness focus. While this may not necessarily be in your background, you should be able to deeply understand and appreciate this approach to life. For those who are inclined towards this lifestyle, there are plenty of opportunities for personal growth.
How to Apply
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to Catherine at firstname.lastname@example.org