Competitive pay, subsidized housing and meals Included for a Full-Time Dishwasher/Kitchen Utility
Located in the beautiful mountains of North Carolina
- year round
- Boone, North Carolina
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Title: Dishwasher/Kitchen Utility
Reports to: Executive Chef/Sous Chef
Job type: Full-Time Position
The Boone Art of Living Retreat Center is an award-winning mountaintop wellness center in beautiful Boone, NC. Surrounded by nature, we offer immersive experiences through the powerful practices of meditation, mindfulness, yoga, and Ayurveda.
We operate a fully Plant Based kitchen. While you are not required to follow this lifestyle yourself, you are expected to respect and be excited about these philosophies of cooking. We believe in an inclusive and respectful work environment.
We are seeking a skilled and passionate Dishwasher/Kitchen Utility Person to be an integral part of our kitchen team. The position is responsible for assisting in the efficient operation of the kitchen and restaurant by maintaining cleanliness standards through the operation of dishwashing equipment and sinks, removing garbage, cleaning of equipment and work areas including the sweeping and mopping of floors.
What you'll do here
- Maintain a clean kitchen, properly wash and sort soiled dishes, and prep food as needed. Keeps dish area free of clutter and organized
- Set up dish stations, including dish machines and sinks
- Maintain clean/dry floors throughout the shift
- Properly washes, stacks, and stores glassware, silverware, cookware, and storage containers
- Changes water of machines and sinks every two hours, or more often as required by business levels, and properly uses chemical dilutions set by EcoLab
- Assists in the timely storing of food deliveries
- Maintains trash cans throughout shift and removes full trashcans and boxes at the end of each shift.
- Maintains the dry storage area and the organization of storage shelves.
- Assists in any duties set forth or requested by the chef as needed.
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to effectively manage time and stay on task
- Familiarity with the best practices in the hotel and catering services industry
- Knowledge of health and safety standards
- Ability to multitask and work quickly under pressure
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- A positive attitude, strong work ethic and a teamwork mentality
- Willingness and ability to learn and adjust to an ever changing environment
Preferred but not required:
- Hospitality-related kitchen experience preferred
- Current food handler’s card and other certification as required by federal/state/local law
- Subsidized health/dental insurance after 90 days
- Paid vacation and sick time after 90 Days
- 401k enrollment after 1 year
- Discounts and complimentary access to our signature programs and activities
- Opportunity to live and work in a beautiful and serene environment
For those who are inclined towards a lifestyle of meditation and personal growth, there is plenty of opportunity.
About The Art of Living Retreat Center
Opened in 2012, the Art of Living Retreat Center is an outgrowth of the Art of Living Foundation's 40+ year global commitment to health, happiness, and Ayurveda.
Our community is built around a spiritual and wellness focus. While this may not necessarily be in your background, you should be able to deeply understand and appreciate this approach to life. For those who are inclined towards this lifestyle, there are plenty of opportunities for personal growth.
How to Apply
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to Catherine at firstname.lastname@example.org