Inspiring Hearts and Minds
Mountains, Rainbows, Positive Energy and Personal Growth
- year round
- Boone, North Carolina
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Title: Events Manager
Reports to: Hospitality Manager
Job Type: Full-Time Position
The Art of Living Retreat Center in Boone, NC, seeks a dedicated and experienced Full-Time Events Manager. In this role, you will lead the planning, execution, and management of all events and retreats. Your organizational prowess and deep hospitality industry knowledge will help create exceptional experiences aligned with our wellness mission.
If you are passionate about event management, possess a deep appreciation for yoga and meditation practices, and thrive in a dynamic and inspiring environment, we invite you to join our team and contribute to our mission of creating transformative experiences for our guests.
Event Planning and Execution:
- Coordinate all aspects of events, from initial conception to post-event evaluation, including room setup/breakdown, event schedules, audiovisual equipment, transportation, and accommodation arrangements.
- Collaborate with clients and set meetings to understand their event needs and preferences.
- Address client inquiries and concerns promptly and professionally.
- Ensure seamless execution of all events by collaborating with internal teams and external vendors.
- Oversee event registration and participant communication to ensure a positive experience.
- Provide onsite event management, troubleshoot issues, and ensure smooth operations.
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors and secure services.
- Address participant inquiries and feedback for high customer satisfaction.
- Greeting group leaders and Faculty upon arrival and hosting a Program Space Orientation (PSO).
- Keeping the event numbers updated in our software.
Team Leadership and Management:
- Lead a team of event and venue set-up coordinators, fostering their professional growth and effective performance.
- Delegate tasks, set objectives, and guide team members throughout the event planning process.
- Coordinate staff schedules for events, ensuring adequate coverage.
- Manage payroll for event staff, ensuring accurate and timely compensation and paid time off.
- Conduct regular performance evaluations and provide constructive feedback.
- Lead by example, demonstrating strong leadership skills, fostering a positive work environment, teamwork, and a commitment to the organization's values and mission.
Automatic Communication Emails:
- Produce automatic communication emails to guests, providing event information, updates, and reminders.
- Collaborate with marketing and sales teams to promote events and increase attendance.
- Ensure effective communication throughout the event lifecycle.
- Manage and maintain event venues, ensuring they are up-to-date, clean, and well-maintained.
- Conduct regular venue inspections to identify maintenance or cleanliness issues and coordinate necessary repairs or cleaning.
- Ensure venues are equipped with the necessary amenities and meet event-specific requirements.
- Maintain an inventory of event-related items, such as yoga mats, chairs, signage, and decorations.
- Coordinate the procurement and storage of event inventory, ensuring availability and organization.
- Manage inventory distribution and return processes, tracking items and ensuring their timely retrieval after events.
- Coordinate and manage room blocks for groups attending events and retreats.
- Work closely with the reservations team to secure and allocate accommodations for group bookings.
- Collaborate with group leaders to understand their specific room requirements and preferences.
- Ensure comfortable and convenient accommodations for event attendees.
- Monitor room availability and make necessary adjustments to accommodate additional group bookings.
- Maintain clear communication with the reservations team regarding room block details and updates.
- Regularly review room block utilization and make recommendations for optimizing occupancy and revenue.
Financial Analysis, Occupancy Analysis, and Reporting:
- Monitor event-related expenses and ensure adherence to budgetary guidelines.
- Track and analyze occupancy rates for accommodations at the Art of Living Retreat Center.
- Ensure event clients have paid all necessary fees and expenses before the event.
- Handle final billing and financial reconciliation post-event, providing clients with accurate and detailed invoices.
- Compile occupancy data and present reports during weekly manager meetings.
- Collaborate with the sales and marketing teams to optimize occupancy levels and maximize revenue.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Proven experience (3+ years) as an Event Manager in the hospitality industry, preferably in a hotel setting.
- Strong understanding and interest in yoga and meditation practices, with the ability to align events with the Art of Living Retreat Center's mission.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with keen attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to lift and carry 30 lbs.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple events at once.
- Availability to work Wednesday through Sunday.
- Technical abilities, basic AV knowledge.
- Ability to interact with a variety of people, groups, and personalities.
- Must be hands-on.
- Subsidized health/dental insurance after 90 days.
- Paid vacation and sick time after 90 days.
- 401k enrollment after 1 year.
- Discounts and complimentary access to our signature programs and activities.
- Opportunity to live and work in a beautiful and serene environment.
About the Art of Living Retreat Center:
Established in 2012, the Art of Living Retreat Center is an extension of the Art of Living Foundation's longstanding dedication to health, happiness, and Ayurveda worldwide.
Our community thrives on a spiritual and wellness-oriented ethos. A genuine understanding and appreciation for this lifestyle are essential. We encourage individuals who resonate with our mission to seize the numerous prospects for personal growth available to them.
How to Apply
Email Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org