Inspiring Hearts and Minds
Mountains, Rainbows, Positive Energy and Personal Growth
- year round
- Boone, North Carolina
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Title: Event Coordinator
Reports to: Event Manager
Job type: Full-Time Position
The Art of Living Retreat Center in Boone, NC, is seeking a passionate and detail-oriented Event Coordinator to join our dynamic team. As an Event Coordinator, you will play a crucial role in supporting the planning, execution, and management of events and retreats. Your meticulous organization skills and commitment to creating transformative experiences for our guests will be key to your success in this role.
Working under the guidance of the Events Manager, you will assist in various aspects of event planning, execution, and logistics. This role is ideal for individuals who are enthusiastic about the world of event management and are eager to contribute to our mission of promoting wellness, self-discovery, and personal growth.
Event Planning Support:
- Maintain clean, well-prepared event spaces for the duration of events, ensuring a welcoming atmosphere.
- Work with group leaders to determine group-specific needs, including room setups, equipment requirements, and special requests.
- Address client inquiries professionally and promptly, manage event registration, and ensure a positive participant experience.
- Work with internal teams to ensure smooth event execution.
- Provide onsite support during events and troubleshoot issues to ensure smooth operations and issue resolution.
- Assist with vendor contract negotiations and service procurement.
- Run our weekly orientations.
- Welcome group leaders and faculty upon arrival and conduct Program Space Orientations (PSO).
Administrative and Reporting:
- Support the process to ensure event clients have paid all fees and expenses before the event.
- Create welcome bags and event schedules.
- Manage website updates and email communication accuracy.
- Assist with post-event billing and financial reconciliation to provide clients with accurate invoices.
- Compile occupancy data and reports for manager meetings presentations.
- Confirm correct rooming assignments for groups and guests.
- Gather and analyze feedback from event participants to assess event success and areas for improvement.
- Collaborate with the Events Manager and the event planning team for successful event execution.
- Attend Setup and Logistics calls with clients.
- Assist the Event Manager with administrative tasks.
- Facilitate communication with faculty, group leaders, and the programming team to gather necessary details for successful retreats.
- Coordinate with internal departments on Slack to ensure the smooth execution of retreats.
- Assist in venue setup for each event, including seating, audiovisual equipment, and materials.
Event Coordinators at AOLRC should possess the following traits:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to interact with multiple teams.
- Able to lift and carry 30 lbs.
- Able to be on your feet for long periods of time.
- Strong organizational abilities and attention to detail.
- Adaptability and problem-solving skills to address event needs and circumstances.
- Must be hands-on.
- Solution-oriented mindset.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (recommended).
- Prior experience as an Event Coordinator (recommended).
- High school education (required).
- Availability to work Wednesday through Sunday.
- Strong understanding and interest in yoga and meditation practices, with the ability to align events with the Art of Living Retreat Center's mission.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with keen attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to interact with a variety of people, groups, and personalities.
- Must be hands-on.
- Subsidized health/dental insurance after 90 days.
- Paid vacation and sick time after 90 days.
- 401k enrollment after 1 year.
- Discounts and complimentary access to our signature programs and activities.
- Opportunity to live and work in a beautiful and serene environment.
- On-site housing opportunities are available with free Wi-Fi.
- Subsidized meal plans.
- Complimentary meditation and yoga classes.
- Complimentary participation in our Signature Happiness & Silence Retreats.
- Opportunities for career advancement within the organization.
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Events (e.g., bonfire, dinner, kayaking).
- Opportunity to embrace a wholesome lifestyle of self-sufficiency, meaningful work, inner development, and accomplishment.
About the Art of Living Retreat Center:
Established in 2012, the Art of Living Retreat Center is an extension of the Art of Living Foundation's longstanding dedication to health, happiness, and Ayurveda worldwide.
Our community thrives on a spiritual and wellness-oriented ethos. A genuine understanding and appreciation for this lifestyle are essential. We encourage individuals who resonate with our mission to seize the numerous prospects for personal growth.
How to Apply
Email Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org