The Art of Living Retreat Center is looking for an Assistant Dining Room Manager!
Live, work, and reset in the Blue Ridge Mountains!
- year round
- Boone, North Carolina
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Jun 20, 2023)
The Art of Living Retreat Center is seeking an Assistant Dining Room Manager!
Both AM/PM shifts are available.
Due to the nature and schedule of this job, we are not currently hiring students for this position.
Location: Boone, North Carolina
Reports to: Dining Room Supervisor
Job type: Full-Time Position
The Art of Living Retreat Center is an award-winning mountaintop wellness center in beautiful Boone, NC. Surrounded by nature, we offer immersive experiences through the powerful practices of meditation, mindfulness, yoga, and Ayurveda.
Would you enjoy serving guests at an Ayurvedic Inspired Dining Hall in one of the largest holistic and wellness retreat centers in the US? If so, we’d like to meet you.
What You'll Do Here:
- Assist with assigning tasks to and scheduling the Front of House staff while monitoring their work to ensure it’s carried out effectively.
- Ensures dining guest experience satisfaction and communicates guest concerns to the Manager as appropriate
- Greet guests promptly, cheerfully, and courteously
- Takes guest remittance as required
- Clean tables, restock plates, cutlery etc.
- Checking levels of product in the buffet and reporting replacement needs to the kitchen management.
- Assist with set-up and tearing down of cold and hot buffet items as assigned.
- Keep the back dining area replenished and organized (to-go boxes, shakers, napkins, etc).
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Skills and Qualifications:
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Some college preferred
- Availability to work days, nights, and weekends
- Customer service experience
- Hospitality / Hotel / Restaurant experience - 2 years minimum
- Must be able to pass drug screening and background test
- Subsidized health/dental insurance after 90 days (Full-time only)
- Paid vacation and sick time after 90 Days (Full-time only)
- Generous 401k enrollment after 1 year (Full-time only)
- Free wifi
- Subsidized meal cards (Meals free for kitchen & dining employees)
- Complimentary meditation and yoga classes
- Complimentary participation in our Signature Happiness & Silence Retreats
- Opportunities for advancement within the organization
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Events - Bonfire, Dinner, Kayaking
- Opportunity to engage in a wholesome lifestyle of self-sufficiency, meaningful work, inner development, and accomplishment
- Opportunity to live and work in a beautiful and serene environment
About The Art of Living Retreat Center
Opened in 2012, the Art of Living Retreat Center is an outgrowth of the Art of Living Foundation’s 40+ year global commitment to health, happiness, and Ayurveda.
Our community is built around a spiritual and wellness focus. While this may not necessarily be in your background, you should be able to deeply understand and appreciate this approach to life. For those inclined towards this lifestyle, there are plenty of opportunities for personal growth.