We are looking for a Dining Room Server
Live, work, and reset in the Blue Ridge Mountains
- year round
- Boone, North Carolina
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Job type: Full-Time Position
About the Center
The Art of Living Retreat Center is an award-winning mountaintop wellness center in scenic Boone, NC. Surrounded by nature, we offer immersive experiences through the powerful practices of meditation, mindfulness, yoga, and Ayurveda.
We are looking for a dining room server. You may find yourself taking guest remittance as required, restocking plates, cutlery, as well as the food on the buffet line. You will make every effort to ensure a high quality of the guest’s dining experience. If you enjoy serving others, this job may be for you.
Attributes for Success:
- Some experience working in high-volume restaurants preferred but not required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Outstanding communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to develop and coach team members
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Mental and emotional stability
- Able to interact with guests to ensure positive dining experience
- Positive outlook and abundant optimism
- Customer service attitude
- Must be able to work weekends/holidays as part of a regular schedule
- Subsidized health/dental insurance after 90 days (Full-time only)
- Paid vacation and sick time after 90 Days (Full-time only)
- Generous 401k enrollment after 1 year (Full-time only)
- Free wifi
- Subsidized meal cards (Meals free for kitchen & dining employees)
- Complimentary meditation and yoga classes
- Complimentary participation in our Signature Happiness & Silence Retreats
- Opportunities for advancement within the organization
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Events - Bonfire, Dinner, Kayaking
- Opportunity to engage in a wholesome lifestyle of self-sufficiency, meaningful work, inner development, and accomplishment
- Opportunity to live and work in a beautiful and serene environment
More About The Art of Living Retreat Center
From signature workshops in the life-transforming power of breath and meditation to cleanses that have been practiced for thousands of years, the experiences at the Art of Living Retreat Center and its Shankara Ayurveda Wellness Spa provide timeless tools that help guests tap into their potential for lasting health and happiness.
Our community is built around a spiritual and wellness focus. While this may not necessarily be in your background, you should be able to deeply understand and appreciate this approach to life. For those who are inclined towards this lifestyle, there are plenty of opportunities for personal growth.