Find your Zen as a Dishwasher / Kitchen Utility at The Art of Living Retreat Center!
Competitive pay, subsidized housing, and meals included.
- year round
- Boone, North Carolina
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Title: Kitchen Utility / Dishwasher
Job type: Full-Time, Part-Time Position, AM/PM Shifts Available
The Art of Living Retreat Center is an award-winning mountaintop wellness center in scenic Boone, NC. Surrounded by nature, we offer immersive experiences through the powerful practices of meditation, mindfulness, yoga, and Ayurveda.
Our goal is to provide our guests with a great vegetarian dining experience and stellar service. The operation is run by a small team of cooks, buffet attendants, kitchen staff, and a Head Chef. Celebration, family, a service attitude, and meditation mark the atmosphere of this up-and-coming spiritual center and spa.
What you’ll do here :
- Washing dishes and pots/pans during prep period and service
- Put away deliveries and organize storage
- Perform kitchen prep duties as directed by the Chef
- Weekend and holiday work required
Preferred Qualifications :
- Some kitchen experience is preferred
- Positive attitude
- Upbeat and outgoing personality
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness and ability to work with diverse populations
- Excellent initiative and motivation to independently stay busy. Works well in a fast-paced environment.
- Subsidized health/dental insurance after 90 days (Full-time only)
- Paid vacation and sick time after 90 Days (Full-time only)
- Generous 401k enrollment after 1 year (Full-time only)
- Free wifi
- Subsidized meal cards (Meals free for kitchen & dining employees)
- Complimentary meditation and yoga classes
- Complimentary participation in our Signature Happiness & Silence Retreats
- Opportunities for advancement within the organization
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Events - Bonfire, Dinner, Kayaking
- Opportunity to engage in a wholesome lifestyle of self-sufficiency, meaningful work, inner development, and accomplishment
- Opportunity to live and work in a beautiful and serene environment
Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma (Preferred)
- Some experience in a professional kitchen (Preferred)
About The Art of Living Retreat Center
Opened in 2012, the Art of Living Retreat Center is an outgrowth of the Art of Living Foundation’s 40+ year global commitment to health, happiness, and Ayurveda.
Our community is built around a spiritual and wellness focus. While this may not necessarily be in your background, you should be able to deeply understand and appreciate this approach to life. For those who are inclined towards this lifestyle, there are plenty of opportunities for personal growth.