Love to Cook Vegan While Also Enjoying the Rejuvenating Experience of Working for a Retreat Center?
In North Carolina's Blue Ridge Mountains
- Boone, North Carolina
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
About the Center
Nestled in North Carolina’s Blue Ridge Mountains, the Art of Living Retreat Center offers immersive wellness experiences inspired by authentic traditions of yoga and Ayurveda.
Celebration, family, a service attitude and meditation mark the atmosphere of this up-and-coming spiritual center and spa.
The Employee Experience
The Accommodations - Serenity and relaxation await you. Many of our accommodations feature stunning views of the mountaintops. Enjoy a tranquil view of the sunrise from the comfort of your balcony.
Currently, only accommodations with shared common areas are available. These are private hotel-style rooms with a shared kitchen and laundry room. The pricing for accommodations starts at $450. Utilities are included but you will need to purchase your own router to connect to the wifi. Some of our employees live off-campus and you're welcome to find your own accommodations as well.
The Work - Lead Cooks at The Art of Living Retreat Center need minimal supervision to perform kitchen prep duties, maintain kitchen inventory, cleanliness, health standards and assist the Head Chef with other duties as required. If you have a knack for customer service and know your way around the kitchen, this opportunity may be for you.
The Schedule - The center is open Wednesday – Sunday and closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. If you are full-time, your regular off days will be Monday and Tuesday.
The Food - Lead Cooks enjoy complimentary Ayurvedic and internationally inspired cuisine in our dining facility. Meals are served buffet-style offering many vegan options, however, some portions of our meals do contain dairy. You can purchase a subsidized meal card at the center for $50 which includes 14 meals. Meal cards expire in 30 days.
Location - The center is located 15-20 minutes away from the town of Boone. It’s easier to get around if you have your own transportation. There are taxis and things like Instacart available to make your stay a little easier if you don’t have a car or just don’t feel like driving.
Attributes for Success:
- Able to cook vegan food and follow recipes with minimal supervision
- Able to take independent responsibility for work tasks
- Excellent communicator
- Mental and emotional stability
- Outstanding people skills
- Comfortable interacting with all age groups
- Display care and Attention to detail
- Work best independently or in small groups
- Self-motivated and adventure-seekers
- Positive outlook and abundant optimism
- Customer service attitude
- Must be able to work weekends/holidays as part of a regular schedule
- On-site housing opportunities are available starting at $450 per month
- Free WIFI
- Subsidized meal plans are available
- Complimentary meditation and yoga classes
- Complimentary participation in our Signature Happiness & Silence Retreats
- Subsidized Health/Dental Insurance available after 90 days
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time available after 90 days
- Generous 401k contribution/match after 1 year
- Opportunities for advancement within the organization
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Events - Bonfire, Dinner, Kayaking
- Opportunity to engage in a wholesome lifestyle of self-sufficiency, meaningful work, inner development and accomplishment
About The Art of Living Retreat Center
From signature workshops in the life-transforming power of breath and meditation to cleanses that have been practiced for thousands of years, the experiences at the Art of Living Retreat Center and its Shankara Ayurveda Wellness Spa provide timeless tools that help guests tap into their potential for lasting health and happiness.
Our community is built around a spiritual and wellness focus. While this may not necessarily be in your background, you should be able to deeply understand and appreciate this approach to life. For those who are inclined towards this lifestyle, there are plenty of opportunities for personal growth.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please send your resume to Tasha at firstname.lastname@example.org.