Adventure in the Mountains and travel to work on a Snowmoible!
Located on a Mountain at an elevation of 9500ft, with all the all outdoor rec you can handle.
- year round
- Cimarron, Colorado
- $14.00 - $18.00 / hour + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Arrowhead Mountain Lodge is a ‘boutique resort” with a restaurant, hotel, and outdoor adventure company located in the southwest mountains of Colorado, serving High Alpine cuisine in Cimarron, CO. We are open every day, year-round, and offer a welcoming team environment, opportunity for growth and the chance to contribute a dish to the menu. Pay is competitive.
• While performing the core functions of a Line Cook, the employee is usually indoors, in a controlled environment, and experiences moderate noise levels in the working environment.
• There will be times when the Line Cook is asked and required to perform duties beyond the typical requirements of a Line Cook, such as Cross-training in other departments, maintenance in and around the building, and snow removal.
• Full-time Line Cooks will have their own room in a house with four bedrooms & 2 bathrooms, about a mile from the place of work.
- Housing will be included in your pay package, and no additional money from your hourly wage will be deducted.
• Employee housing is for employees only
• Employees must ride a snowmobile or a vehicle with tracks to and from home and work during the winter months (approx. December – April).
o If an employee does not have a snowmobile or other means of winter transportation, like a side-by-side with tracks, Arrowhead Mountain Lodge will provide the employee with a “company” snowmobile.
o It is the employee’s responsibility to properly maintain the company snowmobile with gas, and oil, and report any issues with the vehicle to their direct supervisor as soon as possible.
Before you apply, here is essential info to know about us
• family-owned and operated. Jess Amie is the operating owner, and her husband, Patrick Amie, is an Army Veteran.
• committed to serving our military and military veterans. We do so through the multiple veteran events we hold every year. We also like hiring them too.
• in a remote area with a small community of residents that range from 80 to 300+ people, depending on the season. Summer is our busiest season, but winter traffic is increasing every year. Mud Season or spring is an excellent time to go on vacation.
• at a high elevation of 9500 feet (This is not a good fit if you have respiratory or heart issues)
• on dirt roads. The main road to the lodge is dirt and maintained all year. The roads in the neighborhood are not plowed in the winter but groomed for tracked vehicles like snowmobiles and side-by-sides, cross-country skiing, and snowshoeing.
• a drive-in and ride-out Powersports resort that averages 300 inches of snow a year.
• more than a job, we are a lifestyle. As the motto goes, “work hard, play hard.”
• most likely, different than any restaurant you have ever worked at. We all chip in and help where help is needed.
• expanding our operations by adding a formal event and wedding program, a property management program, additional lodging, and a distillery.
A full-time Line Cook to work in our kitchen. The ideal candidate will have open availability, commit (no-contract) to working for a year, and be well-equipped to perform the following tasks:
• Set up and break down all stations
• Able to follow recipes and prepare all menu dishes accordingly
• Use knowledge of common allergies and dietary restrictions to modify recipes on the fly when requested
• Use the correct portions when cutting and serving
• Pro-actively use non-peak service time to prepare for peak service times and rushes
• Avoid food waste by observing food storage time and temperature standards
• Plate each dish according to Chef’s standards
• Ability to remain focused in a busy kitchen environment
• Restock all stations with food products as needed
• Complete assigned daily/ weekly/ monthly cleaning tasks
• Clean and sanitize work areas, equipment, and utensils
• Coordinate preparation of mise-en-place with prep cooks
• Operate and clean all stations, including steam tables, mixers, meat slicers, gas burners, wood-burning ovens, flat-top grills, char grills, hood vents, fryers, reach-in refrigerators, reach-in freezers, etc.
• Execute safe knife handling skills and safe use of all kitchen equipment
• Keep personal knife set sharpened and in good repair (if possessed)
• Cross-train on other departments within the business
• Winter Maintenance (i.e., snow shoveling)
• Assist with weekly/ monthly inventory counts
• Keep informed of restaurant industry trends
• Perform other duties as assigned, including snow removal, cross-training in other departments, maintenance, and inventory pick-up.
This position requires work in areas with extreme heat conditions and frequent interaction with gas burners, heated equipment, grease, and sharp machinery elements. Involves repetitive motion, walking, and/or standing for extended periods. Frequent lifting, pushing, and carrying.
We are looking for candidates who have the following:
• Some experience in a restaurant kitchen
• Current Servsafe Food handling Certification or ability to acquire
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to read, write, and follow written and verbal instructions
• Ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision
• Ability to lead by example and keep organized
• A desire to work on a team, learn new techniques, and share knowledge with teammates when possible.
• A Culinary degree (a plus, though not required)