Get paid to do what people pay to do!
Right at the base of the beautiful Bradshaw Mountains!
- Rock Springs, AZ
- $14.00 / hour + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (Nov 01, 2019)
Arizona Outdoor Fun is seeking professional off-road tour guides for our upcoming season! We are the #1-rated Outdoor Activity in Phoenix on Trip Advisor and will be carrying that title into 2020. Our guides are what make our tours so memorable, and we'd like to add YOU to that team!
Unlike many other tour operators, Arizona Outdoor Fun hires you as an actual employee, not an independent contractor. What this means for you is better job security, the availability of benefits, and a more predictable pay structure (hourly + tips, OT available). Training opportunities are available, such as NOLS Wilderness First Aid (WFA), NRA Range Safety Officer/Instructor, and various mechanical instruction.
Our main tour season begins at the end of December and runs steadily through the beginning of May, and we are ready to fill positions as soon as possible!
- Guides tours and oversees guest safety
- Creates an unforgettable experience for the guests
- Inspection and preparation of equipment before and after tours
- Trains guests and evaluates their abilities on ATV's and UTV's
- Instructs guests on proper firearm and MACHINE GUN handling and safety (training provided)
- Cleans equipment promptly
- Explains additional products to customers before and during activities.
- Occasionally trailering vehicles to and from customers.
- Accurately and neatly completes customer invoices/paperwork before the tour begins.
- May work long hours per day due to the nature of the business and the length of the tour scheduled (overtime available).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma / GED
- 1 year in a direct customer service position (retail, sales, etc)
- Approximately 6 months experience with ATVs and UTVs (personal experience okay)
- Prior guiding experience of any kind is preferred
- Experience loading and unloading heavy equipment a plus.
- Military experience a major plus.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to interact and connect with all ages, nationalities, and groups
- Must have a good command of the English language, oral and written
- Ability to provide superior customer service
- Basic computer/smartphone skills
- Comfortable being around and handling fully-automatic firearms (training is provided)
- Must have open availability and be able to work weekends, holidays, and long hours
- Must have a clean driving record and valid, current license
- Must be able to work in a variety of physical positions, including sitting, standing, walking, and driving.
- Work is almost entirely performed in outdoor weather conditions where temperatures can exceed one hundred degrees.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to Cody, our Operations Manager, at email@example.com to set up a phone or in-person interview. Please, NO DIRECT PHONE CALLS.