Arapahoe Basin Ski Area is seeking fun, motivated, and creative individuals to join our incredible team for the our current winter season and upcoming 2020 Summer season! Please feel free to contact us with questions or submit an application and we will contact you as soon as we can! Come be a part of The Legend!
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
This summer will be the inaugural year for the Aerial Adventure Park at Arapahoe Basin and we are seeking the right person to help launch this new operation. If you are passionate about sharing outdoor adventures with guests and leading a team to deliver superior experiences this may be the job for you.
The Aerial Adventure Park Manager at Arapahoe Basin leads and is ultimately responsible for the vision, direction and execution of the Aerial Adventure Park including ensuring the guest experience, training and managing a quality park ranger staff and guiding the operation to be profitable.
This is a seasonal position from May through September with the possibility of transferring into a winter operation in another capacity for employment during most of the other months of the year.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops park ranger training including safety guidelines in accordance with the Aerial Adventure Park operations manual as provided by Adventure Development Team.
- Leads the comprehensive pre-season training program including rescue scenarios.
- Leads, motivates, hires, coaches the park staff including scheduling and managing payroll.
- Develops guest training modules and proper harnessing techniques as well as general knowledge of the natural surroundings and history of A-Basin to share with guests during pre-park information session.
- Engages with guests and serves as a role model for guest service within this operation.
- Understands and operates the Aerial Adventure Park to meet all compliance standards and oversees and/or performs all daily, weekly, monthly, annual and other necessary inspections and equipment tests.
- Works with all necessary outside agencies and stakeholders including USFS, Colorado Dept of Oil and Public Safety, ACCT, etc.
- Manages the financial areas of the department including budgets, expenses, vendor relations and equipment preservation and repair.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Experience & Skill Requirements:
- Strong verbal communication skills; confident and precise in speech; uninhibited in group settings. Previous customer service experience and a passion to engage with people.
- Managed or co-managed an operation which included a staff for at least 2 years.
- Experience successfully utilizing Microsoft Office and database software.
- Guiding, training, teaching people experience with a demonstration of these skills required during interview process.
- Working knowledge in technical ropework,
- Must be age 18 or over and successfully complete required site-specific safety training course(s).
Perks and Benefits: www.arapahoebasin.com/benefits
How to Apply
A phone interview, Skype, or in-person interview can be scheduled once we receive your application.
Please apply online or contact us via Email
We look forward to hearing from you!