Experience Colorado's Longest Ski Season In An Unforgettable Place - Arapahoe Basin!
We are not your typical big-box resort and that is what makes the vibe here so awesome!
- year round
- Keystone, Colorado
- $21.50 - $25.75 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Dec 15, 2023)
Status: Year-round Hourly (Non-exempt)
The Arapahoe Sports team at Arapahoe Basin is fun-loving and thrives on giving each guest a day worth repeating. Sharing our knowledge and love for the outdoors with our customers to help them find quality gear that fits their specific needs is what we aim to achieve for each guest.
The Retail Supervisor is a key holder responsible for opening and closing the Retail store on a daily basis including reconciliation of cash registers, delegating daily tasks to other team members, and completing sales through in-person, online, and phone purchases.
Apply Now! Be part of THE LEGEND.
Benefits and Perks for this position include:
- Unlimited skiing/riding at Arapahoe Basin and 20 other Colorado ski areas and resorts.
- 40% off in the retail store and perks for certain sales contests.
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for full-time employees beginning on the 1st of the month following the date of hire.
- 401 (k) for eligible employees.
- Paid Time Off for all full-time employees
- Complete list of benefits and perks available on Paylocity.
- Motivates team members to instill a positive work environment.
- Assists Retail Manager with training of Retail Sales Agents and Leads.
- Fills the role of Retail Manager in their absence.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Be responsible for duties including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Assists guests promptly and efficiently with all types of retail purchases using knowledge of all retail items available for sale. Focus on long-term relationships with A-Basin locals and ensure guaranteed return sales.
- Performs daily reconciliation of cash registers including nightly cash drops dealing with large amounts of money.
- Responsible for completing Inter Department Transfers (IDT) for the purchasing of store stock
- Completes phone and online sales for customers, including product shipping.
- Assists in entering universal product codes for all products ordered.
- Processes returns and exchanges in accordance with company policies.
- Ensures other department managers are informed of incoming packages to be picked up in a timely manner.
- Maintains a high knowledge of store inventory and communicates with the Retail Manager about items low on stock or guests’ requests.
- Addresses escalated guest complaints when needed.
- Has strong knowledge of the RTP point of sale system and can assist other Retail team members with troubleshooting issues in that system.
- Assists with inventory and cycle counts at various times throughout the season.
- Develop, implement, and manage our social media strategy and marketing calendar.
- Established an organized storage plan that effectively maintains stock within the store and our storage unit
- Drawing up promotional plans and ideas to boost merchandise and attract more sales in the shop and online
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school Diploma or equivalent
- One-year guest service experience
- Previous Supervisory or Retail experience preferred
- Reconcile a cash register using basic math and counting.
- Excellent guest service skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Use a full range of body motion: bend, twist, kneel, push, pull and lift up to 30 lbs.
- Stand and walk for 8 hours.
- Withstand high altitude conditions at all times.
- Must be available on weekends and holidays.
- You will work almost 100% of the time indoors in a high-altitude environment. Most work is performed in a highly trafficked area in view of guests. A very frequent amount of guest interaction is involved in this role. A small amount of time may be spent outside shoveling snow or removing ice.