Great memories, post amazing stories, and make great meals - IMMEDIATE OPENINGS!
Stunning vistas, amazing waterfalls, Half Dome and El Capitan could be part of your next backyard!
- Yosemite National Park, California and Yosemite Valley, California
- $16.55 - $17.55 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
About Yosemite Hospitality
Yosemite National Park overflows with rich history and presents opportunities for truly special experiences. You’ll be surrounded by awe-inspiring views and iconic landmarks, like Half Dome, El Capitan, and Yosemite Falls. On your days off, take advantage of exploring the sites, adventuring to the high country, or visiting one of the many groves of giant sequoia trees.
LOW cost of living; rent, and utilities are less than $20 per week. Housing is dormitory style living with 2-3 roommates. Amenities included are beds, wardrobes/closets, shared laundry facilities. We offer plenty of discounts on activities, food operations within the park, and grocery stores as well (exceptions apply).
The employee experience at Yosemite is unlike any other! Our commitment to service and hospitality, combined with the adventures and exciting atmosphere, ensure that your time will be memorable. We pride ourselves on building a strong community, valuing diversity and inclusion, and preserving the beauty of the park. Get ready to begin the journey of a lifetime, ignite your passion, and pursue what matters to you at one of the most amazing places in the world.
What do cooks do in Yosemite?
The Cook is responsible for cooking and preparing food according to recipes and production guidelines while adhering to food safety, food handling, and sanitation procedures. The Cook should safely handle knives and equipment such as grills, fryers, ovens, broilers, etc.
What is a work week like for a cook?
- Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
- Cooks and prepare a variety of food according to production guidelines and standardized recipes
- Sets up workstation with all needed ingredients and equipment
- Prepares ingredients by measuring, weighing, mixing, chopping, trimming, and peeling food items
- Safely uses a variety of utensils including knives
- Operates equipment such as ovens, stoves, slicers, mixers, etc.
- Bakes, roasts, broils, steams, and uses a variety of cooking methods on meat, vegetables, and other foods
- Arranges, garnishes, and portions food according to established guidelines
- Properly stores food by adhering to food safety policies and procedures
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, equipment, and utensils
- Maintains excellent customer service and positive demeanor towards guests, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
- Adheres to Aramark safety policies and procedures including accurate food safety and sanitation
- Ensures security of company assets
This job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Job duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Who are we looking for?
- Experience as a cook or in a related role required (Station Cook and/or Grill Cook)
- Validated knowledge of the basic principles of food preparation, various cooking methods, and food safety regulations such as accurate food handling, sanitation, and storage
- Must be able to acquire food safety certification
- Demonstrate basic math and counting skills
- Demonstrates interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
This role may have physical demands including, but not limited to, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and/or extended walking and standing. This role may also require uniforms and/or usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
This location requires all new hires who live in company housing to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
How to Apply
Click below to apply!