IMMEDIATE OPENINGS! Sunshine and fresh Lake Tahoe air has a way of invigorating everyone around
From daytime to sunset, MS Dixie II offers spectacular views you can only experinece while on board!
- Zephyr Cove, Nevada
- $16.00 - $17.00 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
About Zephyr Cove Resort & Marina – Lake Tahoe Cruises
The 500-passenger, award-winning M.S. Dixie II is the largest cruising vessel in South Lake Tahoe and a local favorite year-round. All cruises depart directly from Zephyr Cove Resort & Marina for daytime cruises, dinner cruises, and private charters. The M.S. Dixie II is climate controlled with plenty of seating inside and outside.
We offer a safe living location and LOW cost of living; shared dorm-style housing is $60/week which includes double occupancy bunk beds with a mini-fridge, microwave, and storage space. Discounts on food, retail, and recreation are available to employees.
Our employee referral program is a great way to earn extra cash. Referring employees receive a $250 bonus for referring an employee that stays 90 days, $100 will go to the new employee (after 90 days). There is no limit to the number of referrals!
In addition, full-time seasonal hourly employees can earn an End of Season Completion Bonus when in good standing at the end of the season, October 15th.
- Employees who meet the eligibility requirements and begin working by July 15th qualify for up to a $1,000 dollar incentive
- Employees who meet the eligibility requirements and begin working August 15th qualify for up to a $500 dollar incentive
What does a Marina Services Worker - Deckhand do at Lake Tahoe Cruises?
The primary responsibility of the M.S. Dixie II Deckhand is to help oversee the cleanliness and safety of all vessels, crew and guests. This person will work with Port Captain, Captain, Engineer, Cruise Manager, Boat Supervisor, and Culinary team to ensure the highest level of customer service, safety, and sanitation.
What does a Deckhand do in a typical workday?
• Works directly with Captain, Engineer, and other Deckhands.
• Clean restrooms, replenish and check toiletry supplies.
• Maintain a great uplifting presence with all passengers and crew.
• Do start-up and shutdown as shift requires.
• Assist Engineer or Captain with the pumping of fuel waste and water.
• Assist Engineer with start-up and shut down of vessel.
• Welcome guests while boarding and taking passenger counts.
• Assist in set up special events.
• Assist as necessary with F&B needs.
• Assist with cleaning of windows and vacuum as needed.
• Assist in any repairs and notify the captain of any safety discrepancies.
• Snow removal as necessary.
• Maintains all vessels in Coast Guard-ready conditions.
This job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Job duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Who are we looking for?
• Previous experience working in a marina preferred
• Demonstrates excellent customer service skills
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
• Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
This role may have physical demands including, but not limited to, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and/or extended walking and standing. This role may also require uniforms and/or usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
How to Apply
Click below to apply!