IMMEDIATE OPENING! 100 Ton Captain for the largest cruising vessel in South Lake Tahoe!
The opportunity to enjoy the crystal clear blue waters of Lake Tahoe all summer long
- Zephyr Cove, Nevada
- $31.00 / hour
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
About Zephyr Cove Resort & Marina – Lake Tahoe Cruises
The 500-passenger, award-winning M.S. Dixie II is the largest cruising vessel in South Lake Tahoe and a local favorite year-round. All cruises depart directly from Zephyr Cove Resort & Marina for daytime cruises, dinner cruises, and private charters. The M.S. Dixie II is climate controlled with plenty of seating inside and outside.
We offer a safe living location and LOW cost of living; shared dorm-style housing is $60/week which includes double occupancy bunk beds with a mini-fridge, microwave, and storage space. Discounts on food, retail, and recreation are available to employees.
Our employee referral program is a great way to earn extra cash. Referring employees receive a $250 bonus for referring an employee that stays 90 days, $100 will go to the new employee (after 90 days). There is no limit to the number of referrals!
In addition, full-time seasonal hourly employees can earn an End of Season Completion Bonus when in good standing at the end of the season, October 15th.
- Employees who meet the eligibility requirements and begin working by July 15th qualify for up to a $1,000 dollar incentive
- Employees who meet the eligibility requirements and begin working August 15th qualify for up to a $500 dollar incentive
What does a Boat Captain do at Lake Tahoe Cruises?
The Boat Driver operates and maneuvers vessels and is responsible for overseeing the safety of vessels, crew, and guests. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
What is a work week like for a Boat Captain?
- Operates and navigates boats according to state regulations and Aramark procedures
- Guide guests and staff on boating safety procedures
- Maintain knowledge of company vessels and may instruct customers on boat operation
- Clean, maintain, and perform minor maintenance on vessels
- Facilitate a clean and safe environment, reporting any maintenance issues or unsafe conditions to management
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures
- Greet customers and assist with inquiries or concerns while anticipating the customers’ needs
- Maintains excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards guests, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
The job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Job duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Who is the ideal Boat Captain?
- Positions require USCG Certification and/or drug screening including marijuana
- Proven experience and knowledge of boating operation and safety
- Must possess license required by state law
- Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision
- Work involves exposure to unusual elements and working outdoors in extreme temperatures
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to live in employee housing
How to Apply
Click the link to apply!