Seeking an experienced Assistant HR Manager at Lake Powell!
Enjoy Panoramic lake, Rainbow Bridge, and Beautiful Canyons everyday!
- Lake Powell Resorts, Utah
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Dec 02, 2019)
Our Leisure group within SLC specializes in serving consumers; recreational and entertainment needs in national and state parks, zoos, aquariums, science centers, museums and other day-use cultural attractions.
The scope of our operations includes operating lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise shops, fine dining restaurants, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks.
We have been active partners with the National Park Service and various zoos, aquariums, and other cultural attractions for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States in over 12 states. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Some of the national and state parks in which we operate include:
- Asilomar Conference Center, California
- Denali National Park, Alaska
- Glacier Bay, Alaska
- Lake Powell Resorts and Marina, Arizona
- Zephyr Cove Resort & Marinas, Nevada
- Mesa Verde National Park, Colorado
- Olympic Peninsula, Washington
- Togwotee Mountain Lodge, Wyoming
- Provide all general support of HR functions at the unit level
- Identify best practices and organizational efficiencies, as well as coach and train line managers to properly apply human resource policies and procedures within the unit.
- Manage the process and implementation of the following: payroll, benefits, employee incentives, retention, turnover, recruitment, safety, training and development.
- Work closely with the Leadership team to drive elements of the Talent Management Strategy (Talent Acquisition, On boarding, Performance Management, Development, Succession Planning and Retention).
- The Human Resources Specialist will utilize solid business acumen to assertively partner with the management team regarding HR, Staffing, ER/LR, policies/procedures, compliance and general management topics.
- Responsible for providing and maintaining extraordinary levels of service through a high level of influence, execution and prioritizing of duties.
- The Human Resources Specialist will also ensure that all employees working are being treated fairly and correctly under the federal and state guidelines that have been set and that all employees have been trained properly according to corporate, state and federal guideline
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in a Human Resource Generalist role required.
- Human Resource experience must include specific employment and recruiting experience.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications is desired.
- Preferred experience in dealing with unions.
- Candidate must be willing to be hands on with staff and operations and be willing to work event-based hours that include evenings and weekends.
How to Apply
Please apply online by clicking on APPLY NOW