Seeking a Marina Manager for Hall's Marina on beautiful Lake Powell- RELOCATION PROVIDED
Situated on beautiful Lake Powell
- Hall's Crossing, Utah
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (Sep 30, 2019)
The Marina Manager of Hall’s Crossing Operations is responsible for overseeing the daily operation of Hall’s Crossing Warehouse, Hall’s Crossing Marina slips and buoys; along with shuttle services and marina services of 300 slips and buoys. Director of Hall’s Crossing Operations will have oversight and assistance to daily Hall’s Crossing Property Operations Safety and Compliance
Functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Monitor and manage all operational functions including budgets, forecasts, expenses and supplies.
- Proactively react to business trends, e.g. labor, expenses and revenue opportunities such as developing a turn service business
- Develop, implement, support and monitor programs and training to ensure productive standards, safety and environmental standards, company policies and procedures are met.
- Ensure satisfactory quarterly and annual NPS inspections.
- Create, generate and review reports, i.e. rates, promotional offers, slip & buoy occupancies, inventories and etc.
- Conducts period inventory; performs other functions such as maintaining records to comply with ARAMARK, government and accrediting agency standards.
- Reevaluate and inspect operations with managers and supervisors.
- Responsible for daily interaction with the client, guests and employees. Ensure that all efforts are focused upon exceeding each and every guest’s expectations. Promotes a positive image of the Marinas, and displays WEST service attitude towards customers and co-workers, in person and on the telephone.
- Observe guest reactions and confer frequently with staff to determine guest satisfaction.
- Resolve guest concerns, including, but not limited to, mindshare comments and letters.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Coordinate Marina functions with other departments. Develop and maintain strong, positive interdepartmental relationships. Provide assistance and support to other departments
- Approve all requisitions for supplies, equipment and personnel throughout the marina operations.
- Support safety committee initiatives; meet or exceed annual OSHA frequency targets; execute monthly safety and environmental programs and inspections.
- Develop and implement hiring and training programs to ensure all positions are adequately staffed with trained personnel. Right person, Right role. Challenge and develop departmental manager’s and supervisor’s management skills.
- Plan and conduct staff meetings. Confer regularly with staff to coordinate activities, assign and check work, resolve problems, etc. Plan work schedules.
- Lead the Marina Services management team in recruiting, hiring, coaching, discipline, promotions and evaluations of personnel. Assist Property Directors, Managers and GMs in recruiting hiring and onboarding.
- Recognize outstanding employees and assist in providing incentives for improvements in standards and sales.
- Monitor the physical condition of all facilities and equipment in the marina operations to ensure that required maintenance is performed.
- Challenge the Hall’s Crossing Team managers, supervisors and team to exceed the budgeted revenues and control costs.
- Confer regularly with immediate managers and other Company personnel to plan, coordinate and evaluate services and activities, exchange information, resolve problems, etc.
- Must be willing to perform miscellaneous duties assigned by General Manager and District Manager
- Be well informed with regards to all current and upcoming events to ensure efficiency in the operation. Involvement with clients, Special trips and groups.
- Adhere to ARAMARK policies and procedures.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Ideal candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in Business or other related field plus three years of marina management/supervisory experience or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills were acquired.
- Supervisory/management experience required.
- Very good computer skills including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook.
- Demonstrated accounting skills.
- Excellent guest service skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with guests and other company personnel. Ability to speak effectively before groups of clients, guests or employees.
- Very good knowledge of relevant health and safety regulations and procedures. Ability to interpret and apply safety rules, operating, maintenance and procedure manuals.
How to Apply