SUMMER 2023: Experience working & living on the Great Frontier this Summer in Alaska!
Come work for the best team that coast Alaska has to offer!
- Gustavus, Alaska
- $18.00 - $18.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 4 months. (May 18, 2023)
Do you love to cook? Are you passionate about food? As a Cook on our team, you’ll help bring recipes to life while being able to flex your creativity! At Aramark, we care about your health, so we have production guidelines and safety procedures in place to help you do what you love. Get ready to reach new heights, ignite your passion, and pursue what matters by cooking with us!
- Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
- Cooks and prepare a variety of food according to production guidelines and standardized recipes
- Sets up workstation with all needed ingredients and equipment
- Prepares ingredients by measuring, weighing, mixing, chopping, trimming, and peeling food items
- Safely uses a variety of utensils including knives
- Operates equipment such as ovens, stoves, slicers, mixers, etc.
- •Bakes, roasts, broils, steams, and uses a variety of cooking methods on meat, vegetables, and other foods
- Arranges, garnishes, and portions food according to established guidelines
- Properly stores food by adhering to food safety policies and procedures
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, equipment, and utensils
- Maintains excellent customer service and positive demeanor towards guests, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
- Adheres to Aramark safety policies and procedures including accurate food safety and sanitation
- Ensures security of company assets
At Aramark, developing new skills and doing what it takes to get the job done make a positive impact for our employees and for our customers. In order to meet our commitments, job duties may change or new ones may be assigned without formal notice.
- Experience as a cook or in a related role required
- Validated knowledge of the basic principles of food preparation, various cooking methods, and food safety regulations such as accurate food handling, sanitation, and storage
- Alaska regulations require food workers to obtain a Food Worker Card within 30 days of employment. The test is online at employees expense and is $10. https://dec.alaska.gov/eh/fss/food-worker-card
- Demonstrate basic math and counting skills
- Demonstrates interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
This role may have physical demands including, but not limited to, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and/or extended walking and standing. This role may also require uniforms and/or usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
How to Apply
Click on the "Apply Now" button listed below