Elevate your career and bring your Culinary Creativity to the Alaskan Glaciers.
Beautiful Glaciers and Whale Watching in Alaska
- Gustavus, Alaska
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 4 months. (May 19, 2022)
We are seeking a skilled and hard working Chef de Cuisine to support Food and Beverage operations at Glacier Bay National Park.
Magnificent glaciers, towering snow-capped mountains, abundant birds & wildlife, and mile after mile of pristine coastline. Glacier Bay Lodge, nestled under the spruce trees that line Bartlett Cove, offers the only hotel accommodations within the park
As the Chef de Cuisine, you will be the lead culinary person who is responsible for overseeing all of the culinary operations for this site.
- Train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities;
- Estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food;
- Select and develop recipes as well as standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality;
- Establish presentation technique and quality standards, and plan and price menus;
- Ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance and ensures proper safety and sanitation in kitchen;
- Oversee special catering events and may also offer culinary instruction and/or demonstrates culinary techniques.
- Ideal candidates will possess two to three years of post high school education, preferably a culinary degree, and two to three years in a related position with this company or other organization(s).
- Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the food profession.
- This includes experiential knowledge required for management of people and/or problems. Requires oral, reading and written communication skills.
Housing available on property, must be willing to relocate to AK for the summer season. Year round opportunities are available post season at other parks.
How to Apply
Apply online at the link below.