SUMMER 2024: Adventure of a lifetime at Alaska's iconic Denali National Park! Join our EDR!
The Last Frontier is calling!
- $15.24 - $15.24 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 2 months. (Apr 11, 2024)
The Employee Dining Room (EDR) Food Service Worker will assist the manager with food/meal preparation for the employees and guests of employees in Denali National Park. Assist manager in completing daily reports. Maintain high standards of quality in food production, sanitation, and kitchen safety practices.
- Prepare quality food and baked goods according to a planned menu
- Prepare a daily report that verifies transactions
- Support with catered events for our partners and client
- Understand what is inclusive of a meal
- Ensure storage of food in an accurate and sanitary manner
- Serve food according to meal schedules, department policies and procedures
- Use and care of kitchen equipment, especially knives
- Timely preparation of a variety of food items, beverages, and
- Add garnishments to ensure customer happiness and eye appeal
- Coordinate and assist in major cleaning of refrigerators, freezers, and cooking and serving equipment
- Adhere to all food safety regulations for sanitation, food handling, and storage
- Adhere to the uniform policy
- Connect with the Manager daily to understand and accurately prepare menu for the day
- Supervise the food temperature requirements
- Maintain a clean and organized work and storage area
- Scrub and polish counters, clean and sanitize steam tables, and other equipment
- Follow established procedures and standards for cleanliness, to ensure a balanced and safe environment; duties include sweeping, moping, ware washing
- Maintain garbage collection site and kitchen floor areas in a neat and sanitary fashion
- Perform other duties as assigned including other areas in the kitchen
- This role may have physical demands including, but not limited to, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and/or extended walking and standing. This role may also require uniforms and/or usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Employee is responsible for knowing the environmental aspects and associated impacts of their job position.
- Job specific Environmental Aspects and Impacts will be communicated by Dept. Managers during EMS training.
About Denali National Park:
Doyon/Aramark Joint Venture is the Denali National Park Concessionaire. Open May to September, our guests come to take in the majesty of Mount Denali, the highest point in North America. Our operation manages the transportation, retail, guest service and food and beverage concessions with our client; Park Service.
The park welcomes over half a million visitors per year. By road, the area is 5 hours from Anchorage and 2 hours from Fairbanks. Buses traverse the 90-mile road daily throughout the warm summer months, allowing people to hike, view wildlife, climb, and camp.
How to Apply
Click the "Apply Now" button below!