Cultivate your culinary career at Denali National Park as a Seasonal Employee Dining Room Manager!
Living & working on the Great Frontier will be a summer like no other!
- $52,580.00 - $69,669.00 / year
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 2 months. (Apr 11, 2024)
We know that a Chef’s job isn’t only about the food. It takes skills, dedication, patience, and the right opportunities. We’re looking for an Employer Dining Room Chef/Manager who can help us deliver the best customer service and food experiences to our internal guests - our staff! Reporting to the General Manager, you’ll take a hands-on approach in focusing on team development, culinary expertise, safety protocol, and client relations. Our Chef Manager will also play a key role in helping us meet budget requirements and execute company-delivered programs.
Seeking a candidate to start employment for the season from April to September 2024. Subsidized private housing + food accommodations are available.
- Train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities
- Estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food
- Select and develop recipes as well as standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality
- Establish presentation technique and quality standards, and plan and price menus
- Ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance and ensure proper safety and sanitation in kitchen
- Oversee special catering events with clients including National Park Service, Alaska Geographic and others.
- Employee is responsible for knowing department environmental aspects and impacts
At Aramark, developing new skills and doing what it takes to get the job done make a positive impact for our employees and for our customers. In order to meet our commitments, job duties may change or new ones may be assigned without formal notice.
- Requires 2-3 years of experience in a related position
- Requires 2-3 years of post-high school education or equivalent experience
- Culinary degree preferred
- Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the food profession
- Requires experiential knowledge of management of people and/or problems
- Requires oral, reading and written communication skills
About Denali National Park:
Summer days are nearly endless in Alaska! Denali Park Village is a highly rated resort located just outside Denali National Park & Preserve nestled on the banks of the Nenana River, just minutes from the park entrance. Open May to September, our guests enjoy comfortable rooms, excellent dining, and live entertainment.
6.2 million acres of Denali National Park & Preserve is home to Mount Denali, the highest point in North America. The park welcomes over half a million visitors per year. By road, the area is 5 hours from Anchorage and 2 hours from Fairbanks. Buses traverse the 90-mile road daily throughout the warm summer months, allowing people to hike, view wildlife, climb, and camp.
How to Apply
Click the "Apply Now" link below!