Seasonal Front Desk Manager wanted at Denali Park Village in Alaska!
Join us this summer in Alaska!
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Apr 13, 2023)
Seeking a candidate to start employment in April for the season from May to end of September, weather permitting.
Subsidize housing cost + food accommodations available
As the Seasonal Front Office Manager at Denali National Park you will oversee, direct and control multiple services (i.e., rooms division, food and beverage operations, maintenance, retail etc) to meet operating and financial goals. You will also be working towards ensuring we meet our clients objectives and customer needs. You will be responsible for the development & growth of your management team and as General Manager you will have daily interaction with the client and client's customers and/or employees.
- Monitor and manage all operational functions including budgets, forecasts, expenses and supplies.
- Develop, implement, support and monitor programs and training to insure productive standards, safety and environmental standards, company policies and procedures are met.
- Establish and maintain systems and procedures for the ordering, receiving, storing, preparing and serving of food and related products, as well as menu planning and development.
- Conducts period inventory; performs other functions such as maintaining records to comply with ARAMARK, government and accrediting agency standards.
- Ensure that all required employees are TIPS and ServSafe trained and certified.
- Responsible for daily interaction with the client and client's customers and/or employees. Ensure that all efforts are focused upon exceeding each and every guest's expectations.
- Observe guest reactions and confer frequently with staff to determine guest satisfaction.
- Resolve guest concerns, including, but not limited to, mindshare comments and letters.
- Able to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Coordinate Resort functions with other departments.
- Approve all requisitions for supplies, equipment and personnel throughout the lodge.
- The ability to identify defects in the preparation and service of food and implement improved quality control procedures as well as to communicate effectively with clients, client customers and support staff is required.
- Develop and implement hiring and training programs to ensure all positions are adequately staffed with trained personnel.
- Plan and conduct staff meetings. Confer regularly with staff to coordinate activities, assign and check work, resolve problems, etc. Plan work schedules.
- Lead the food and beverage, retail, and lodging management teams in recruiting, hiring, coaching, discipline, promotions and evaluations of personnel.
- Recognize outstanding employees and assist in providing incentives for improvements in standards and sales.
- Monitor the physical condition of all facilities and equipment in dining and banquet rooms to ensure that required maintenance is performed.
- Market the outlets by active involvement in image plan promotion and menu presentation.
- Challenge the Food & Beverage, Retail and Lodging supervisors and team to exceed the budgeted revenues and control costs.
- Oversee the condition of the grounds and all public areas.
- Confer regularly with immediate managers and other Company personnel to plan, coordinate and evaluate services and activities, exchange information, resolve problems, etc.
- Must be willing to perform miscellaneous duties assigned by the District Manager or Vice President of Operations
- Be well informed with regards to all current and upcoming events to ensure efficiency in the operation.
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Superior organizational, time management and communication skills required.
- Outstanding leadership skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Very good problem resolution techniques.
- Solid financial skills and accountability.
- Must be computer literate with working knowledge of hospitality systems; Springer Miller Host, Micros systems highly preferred. Proficient computer skills including MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
- Must be familiar with a variety of Hotel and Food & Beverage concepts, practices and procedures.
- Must be willing to work long hours, rotational shifts, weekends, holidays and have rotational days off.
- Abilities in marketing, merchandising and all areas of Front of House and Culinary are preferred.
- P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience is required.
- Ability to manage and maintain inventory/cost controls is required.
- Ability to deal effectively with customers and other Company personnel. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, guests or employees.
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter