SUMMER 2023: Adventure of a lifetime at Alaska's iconic Denali National Park!
Grow your career in recreation at Aramark Destinations!
- $65,000.00 - $65,000.00 / year
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 3 months. (Apr 27, 2023)
The Manager for the Explore Denali Recreation Department is an integral position overseeing the operational components for Explore Denali Rafting and Hiking. As the primary business component of Explore Denali, the Manager will act as the key individual overseeing all aspects of the day-to-day rafting and hiking operations. This individual will adhere to strict guidelines for operations and manage the professional whitewater guiding staff and the Raft CDL bus drivers. The River Manager will administer and support the day-to-day activities of Explore Denali Rafting and Hiking as well as oversee both pre-season training and post-season shutdown activities.
- Be prepared to invest significant amounts of time to ensure that all safety and operational procedures are being adhered to on a daily basis.
- Set an example to all members of the Recreation Department in the importance of punctuality, team work, appearance, customer service, guest experience, safety protocol, professionalism, and dedication to the success of every river trip, guided hike or bike rented.
- Work closely with other department managers to ensure that "on site coverage of our facilities are always maintained.
- Work closely with all whitewater rafting and hiking guides to make sure that they are following the published Safety and Operations guidelines outlined by the department.
- Assist with scheduling of river and hiking guides along with drivers and be responsible for the daily trip assignment for all guide staff.
- Act as an educator to the 1st year guide staff and will work closely with the Head River Guide to ensure that all staff possess the necessary skills and proficiency to be certified to navigate on a particular section of Nenana River whitewater.
- Responsible for maintaining our fleet of rafts, dry suits and all other related equipment ensuring constant readiness for our operational demands.
- The Manager should have the ability to professionally communicate with employees, guests and groups and will find themselves in positions to do so frequently.
- Required to perform the functions of river guide, hiking guide, qualified driver, and support staff when necessary.
- The Manager should be able to mediate staff or guest conflicts professionally and will be required to document any pertinent conversations or incidents with the District Manager or other department managers.
- Proficient in cash handling procedures and capable of overseeing inventories and supplies of considerable value to Aramark
- Ensures compliance with Aramark's standards of operation including safety standards and Aramark's Business Conduct Policy at all times.
At Aramark, developing new skills and doing what it takes to get the job done make a positive impact for our employees and for our customers. In order to meet our commitments, job duties may change or new ones may be assigned without formal notice.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have attention to detail.
- Must also be able to multi-task when required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Certification in Adult First Aid/CPR Valid U.S. Driver’s License and must pass a motor vehicle record history check to operate company vehicles
- Previous experience and/or desire to work in tourism industry preferable. College degree in recreation management or similar applied work experience
Equipment Used: Computer, SMS system, Micros POS systems, Telephone, Calculator, Photocopier/Printers, Laminator, Hand truck, Pull carts, Whitewater Rafting Equipment, Hiking Equipment, Company Vehicle
Lifting Requirements: HEAVY - Lifting 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 50 pounds
- Verifiable commercial river rafting experience
How to Apply
Click on the "Apply Now" button listed below