Guest Service, Alaskan Beauty, and an unforgettable Summer!
Enjoy the vast beauty of the Alaskan Wilderness
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 3 months. (May 05, 2022)
We are seeking a Front Desk Manager to lead our guest services operations at Denali Park Village.
The Denali Park Village hotel is located 7 miles south of the entrance to Denali National Park. The hotel has 338 guest rooms spread across a 20 acres of spruce forest alongside the rushing Nenana River. The Village offers rooms in several two-story buildings as well as 52 cabins.
The Front Desk Manager is responsible for the work that is carried out by the Front Desk and reservations. Coordinates front office guest services at the conference center so that staff members and guest experiences a positive impression of the facility.
- Meet and exceed the expectations of our customers and clients
- Supervise and monitor team members to ensure a high level of guest service is delivered at all times. Empower staff to answer questions and make appropriate decisions.
- Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Maintain the highest level of Customer Service and Professionalism by understanding all aspects of customer service and hospitality.
- Directly participate and support all Operations of the Front Office areas.
- Maintain budget guidelines as set forth by immediate Supervisor, Controller, or General Manager and establish and track cost savings wherever possible.
- On a daily basis, review all Pass-On, Checklists and Night Audit information and conduct any necessary follow-up.
- Meet with the Office team to review issues, disseminate information and formulate a plan of action each week.
- Maintain constant knowledge of current and future functions and events.
- Respond to all requests and takes ownership of all issues, ensuring proper outcomes and solutions.
- Resolve guest, client and staff issues with efficiency and diplomacy.
- Responsible for clear and timely communications relative to all Front Office Operations.
- Responsible for coordinating in Property Management System all Out of Order Rooms, Special Requests, Room Blocks and Guest Profiles.
- Prepare all Staff Schedules: minimizing overtime hours, honoring schedule restrictions, Time off Requests, and business demands.
- Responsible for submitting accurate Payroll Records.
- Handle all discipline issues within the department, prepare documentation and meet with employees.
- Ensure departmental projects are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure all employees are in accordance with the policies and procedures set forth in the employee handbook.
- Recruit and train all front desk personnel
- Oversee all front desk operations.
- Associate Degree or Bachelors Degree in hospitality field preferred.
- Further courses in guest services preferred.
- A strong knowledge of personal computers is essential.
- Three years in hospitality services or like environment performing like duties as an Assistant Front Office Manager.
- Two years management experience.
- Experience in all facets of providing guest services.
- Must be able to lead, motivate, and communicate effectively with others.
- Strong organizational abilities are essential.
- Commitment to the mission of the conference center.
How to Apply
Apply online at the button below.