Rafting Opportunity in Beautiful Denali!
Alaska whitewater rafting on the glacially-fed Nenana River with Explore Denali Rafting.
- Denali National Park , Alaska
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in about 2 months (May 03, 2018)
The Manager for the Explore Denali Recreation Department is an integral position overseeing the operational components for Explore Denali Rafting and Hiking. As the primary business component of Explore Denali, the Manager will act as the key individual overseeing all aspects of the day to day rafting and hiking operations. This individual will adhere to strict guidelines for operations and manage the professional whitewater guiding staff and the Raft CDL bus drivers. The River Manager will administer and support the day to day activities of Explore Denali Rafting and Hiking as well as oversee both pre-season training and post-season shutdown activities.
- Be prepared to invest significant amounts of time in order to ensure that all safety and operational procedures are being adhered to on a daily basis.
- Set an example to all members of the Recreation Department in the importance of punctuality, teamwork, appearance, customer service, guest experience, safety protocol, professionalism, and dedication to the success of every river trip, guided hike or bike rented.
- Work closely with other department managers to ensure that "on-site coverage of our facilities are always maintained.
- Work closely with all whitewater rafting and hiking guides to make sure that they are following the published Safety and Operations guidelines outlined by the department.
- Assist with scheduling of river and hiking guides along with drivers and be responsible for the daily trip assignment for all guide staff.
- Act as an educator to the 1st year guide staff and will work closely with the Head River Guide to ensure that all staff possess the necessary skills and proficiency to be certified to navigate on a particular section of Nenana River whitewater.
- Responsible for maintaining our fleet of rafts, drysuits and all other related equipment ensuring constant readiness for our operational demands.
- The Manager should have the ability to professionally communicate with employees, guests and groups and will find themselves in positions to do so frequently.
- Required to perform the functions of river guide, hiking guide, qualified driver, and support staff when necessary.
- The Manager should be able to mediate staff or guest conflicts professionally and will be required to document any pertinent conversations or incidents with the District Manager or other department managers.
- Proficient in cash handling procedures and capable of overseeing inventories and supplies of considerable value to ARAMARK.
- The Manager will be trained to perform within the ARAMARK culture as a key component to our overall success.
Status and Scope: Reports to General Manager of Denali Park Village