Work and live in the outdoors Next Season while exploring the best New Hampshire has to offer!
A haven for outdoor enthusiasts seeking adventure and tranquility.
- Bretton Woods, New Hampshire
- $13.00 - $13.00 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Lodge Crew - Highland Center
Hiring for Spring & Summer NOW!
Job Location Highland Center - Bretton Woods, NH
AMC is seeking Lodge Crew for the Highland Center. This entry level position works in food service and/or housekeeping and has a focus on positive guest service. Lodge Crew working in food service support the communal dining experience at the Highland Center through the service of meals and maintaining a high level of cleanliness in both the front and back of house. Lodge Crew working in housekeeping ensure that guests visiting Highland Center feel at home in a clean well cared for lodge nestled in Crawford Notch.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist guests and visitors in a positive manner.
- Respond to any problems or special requests with a professional demeanor.
- Interact with guests regarding local information, lodge amenities, organizational efforts and programs.
- Set up, serve, and cleanup of meal service.
- Daily breakfast/salad/deli bar upkeep, prep and service of customers.
- Clean and sanitize all food service and dining areas on a daily basis.
- Set up, serve and break down of catering and bar services.
- Follow instructions and support supervisory cooks on duty in preparing the daily meals.
- Participate in the daily cleaning and upkeep of guest rooms, common areas and bathrooms of the Highland Center and other buildings.
- Process recycling and kitchen compost daily.
- Participate in deep cleaning of the lodge and other areas on a weekly/monthly basis or as instructed.
- Help with snow shoveling and lawn/garden maintenance.
What we are looking for:
- Past experience in camp operations, hospitality and/or work in the outdoors is preferred.
- Exceptional public service skills and a commitment to the mission of the Appalachian Mountain Club.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Prior food service experience is preferred but not necessary.
- Success in performing a wide range assigned tasks.
- Must be a team player, detail oriented, well organized, highly flexible, adaptable, and resourceful.
- Physical abilities needed: Ability to operate standard office computers and machines, plus maintenance equipment. Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds at the Lodge and in the backcountry. Ability to travel safely in the backcountry in all weather conditions.
Compensation and benefits:
- Salary Range: $13.00/ hour
- The salary range for this position is contingent on experience, education, skills and geographic differential relevant to the position. Please note that the indicated starting salary range describes the range for an incumbent in this position. New staff members typically start at the beginning of the range percentile to ensure internal salary equity.
- Onsite room & board + meals for $45 per week
- Free use of AMC Destinations: 4 nights per year
- Free annual AMC membership
- Health Plan with Optional Vision + Dental Insurance when working 30+ hours per week for 6+ months
- Matching 403(b): 4% with vesting schedule
- Paid Sick Time: eligible to accrue up to 10 days
How to Apply
Please include a resume and cover letter. No phone calls please.
AMC welcomes all qualified candidates to apply and we invite the full participation of all individuals currently underrepresented in the outdoor community. This includes, but is not limited to, individuals from racially and/or ethnically diverse communities, individuals with disabilities, individuals from LGBTQ+ communities, and individuals who experience intersectionality with one or more of these identities.
The Appalachian Mountain Club has zero tolerance for child abuse or placing children in danger. The AMC requires all employees who work in a program or facility which serves children, disabled persons, or the elderly to have a criminal background record check performed on their name annually with employment contingent upon satisfactory results.