Work at Cardigan Lodge providing a peaceful and tranquil setting for outdoor enthusiasts!
Charming and rustic mountain retreat nestled amidst the natural beauty of the White Mountains
- Alexandria, New Hampshire
- $13.39 - $13.39 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 1 month. (Apr 01, 2024)
Ready to dive into epic outdoor adventures and make a positive impact on the environment? Look no further than the Appalachian Mountain Club (AMC) - the oldest conservation, education, and recreation organization in the USA! Our passion for the outdoors knows no bounds, and we want YOU to be a part of it. As an employee, you'll unlock access to exciting programs, policies, and procedures that empower you to make a real difference. Join the AMC team now and embark on the journey of a lifetime!
AMC is seeking Lodge Crew for the Cardigan Lodge. This entry level position works in food service and/or housekeeping and has a focus on positive guest service. Lodge Crew working in food service support the communal dining experience at the Cardigan Lodge through the service of meals and maintaining a high level of cleanliness in both the front and back of house. Lodge Crew working in housekeeping ensure that guests visiting the Cardigan Lodge feel at home in a clean well cared for lodge nestled near the Lakes Region.
What you’ll be doing at AMC
- Create a positive experience for each guest and visitor by providing exceptional customer service
- Respond to all guest complaints and special requests in a respectful and professional demeanor
- Interact with guests by providing information on local recreation opportunities, lodge amenities, organizational efforts, and available programs
- Participate in the preparations, set up, service, and cleanup of daily meals
- Participate in the daily cleaning and upkeep of guest rooms, bathrooms, shared areas, campsites, and privies
- Assist with lodge room and campsite reservations check-in and check-out
- Assist with retail sales in the lodge store
- Participate in deep cleaning of lodge spaces and additional special projects as instructed
- Assist with general groundwork and maintenance
- Implement energy conservation and environmentally sound practices in daily operation
- Retain positive interactions and connections with supporting businesses and colleges
- Participate in the success of communal living by committing to a respectful, clean, and safe environment
What AMC is looking for
- Past experience in camp operations, hospitality and/or work in the outdoors is preferred.
- Exceptional public service skills and a commitment to the mission of the Appalachian Mountain Club.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Prior food service experience is preferred but not necessary.
- Success in performing a wide range assigned tasks.
- Must be a team player, detail oriented, well organized, highly flexible, adaptable, and resourceful.
- Physical abilities needed: Ability to operate standard office computers and machines, plus maintenance equipment. Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds at the Lodge and in the backcountry. Ability to travel safely in the backcountry in all weather conditions.
What AMC Can Offer You
Salary range: $13.39/ Hourly
We are committed to equitable compensation practices, and we encourage qualified candidates to apply. The initial salary represents our starting point, and our compensation philosophy is designed to reward and recognize the contributions of our employees as they grow within the organization. External candidates typically begin their journey with us at the starting point of the salary range. The final compensation offer will be based on factors such as experience, education, skills and geographic differential relevant to the position, and will be discussed during the interview process.
- Room & Board: FREE Dorm-style room – meals included, too!
- Insurance: Available with positions that are 6 months or longer and when working greater than 30 hours per week
- Retirement: Voluntary 403(b) Contribution
- Paid Time Off: earn up to 10 days of paid earned time depending on length of service
Other Team Member Perks:
- 30% discount on AMC Merchandise
- Free Annual AMC Membership
- 4 Free nights at AMC locations
- Prodeals discounts on equipment & gear and more!
How to Apply
Please include a resume and cover letter. No phone calls or agencies, please.
AMC welcomes all qualified candidates to apply and we invite the full participation of all individuals currently underrepresented in the outdoor community. This includes, but is not limited to, individuals from racially and/or ethnically diverse communities, individuals with disabilities, individuals from LGBTQ+ communities, and individuals who experience intersectionality with one or more of these identities.
The Appalachian Mountain Club has zero tolerance for child abuse or placing children in danger. The AMC requires all employees who work in a program or facility which serves children, disabled persons, or the elderly to have a criminal background record check performed on their name annually with employment contingent upon satisfactory results.