Spend your Spring in the heart of the White Mountains with AMC as our Lodge Crew at Pinkham Notch!
A picturesque gateway to the White Mountains
- Gorham, New Hampshire
- $11.33 - $11.33 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Ready to dive into epic outdoor adventures and make a positive impact on the environment? Look no further than the Appalachian Mountain Club (AMC) - the oldest conservation, education, and recreation organization in the USA! Our passion for the outdoors knows no bounds, and we want YOU to be a part of it. As an employee, you'll unlock access to exciting programs, policies, and procedures that empower you to make a real difference. Join the AMC team now and embark on the journey of a lifetime!
AMC is seeking Lodge Crew for the Pinkham Notch Visitors Center. This entry level position works in food service and/or housekeeping and has a focus on positive guest service. Lodge Crew working in food service support the communal dining experience at the Pinkham Notch Visitors Center through the service of meals and maintaining a high level of cleanliness in both the front and back of house. Lodge Crew working in housekeeping ensure that guests visiting Pinkham Notch feel at home in a clean well cared for lodge nestled in the White Mountains.
What you’ll be doing at AMC:
- Assist guests and visitors in a positive manner.
- Respond to any problems or special requests with a professional demeanor.
- Interact with guests regarding local information, lodge amenities, organizational efforts and programs.
- Set up, serve, and cleanup of meal service.
- Daily breakfast/salad/deli bar upkeep, prep and service of customers.
- Clean and sanitize all food service and dining areas on a daily basis.
- Set up, serve and break down of catering and bar services.
- Follow instructions and support supervisory cooks on duty in preparing the daily meals.
- Participate in the daily cleaning and upkeep of guest rooms, common areas and bathrooms of the Joe Dodge Lodge and other buildings.
- Process recycling and kitchen compost daily.
- Participate in deep cleaning of the lodge and other areas on a weekly/monthly basis or as instructed.
- Help with snow shoveling and lawn/garden maintenance.
What AMC is looking for:
- Past experience in camp operations, hospitality and/or work in the outdoors is preferred.
- Exceptional public service skills and a commitment to the mission of the Appalachian Mountain Club.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Prior food service experience is preferred but not necessary.
- Success in performing a wide range assigned tasks.
- Must be a team player, detail oriented, well organized, highly flexible, adaptable, and resourceful.
- Physical abilities needed: Ability to operate standard office computers and machines, plus maintenance equipment. Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds at the Lodge and in the backcountry. Ability to travel safely in the backcountry in all weather conditions.
What AMC Can Offer You
Salary range: $11.33/Hourly
We are committed to equitable compensation practices, and we encourage qualified candidates to apply. The initial salary represents our starting point, and our compensation philosophy is designed to reward and recognize the contributions of our employees as they grow within the organization. External candidates typically begin their journey with us at the starting point of the salary range. The final compensation offer will be based on factors such as experience, education, skills and geographic differential relevant to the position, and will be discussed during the interview process.
- Room & Board: Dorm-style room for $45/week – meals included, too!
- Insurance: Available with positions that are 6 months or longer and when working greater than 30 hours per week
- Retirement: Voluntary 403(b) Contribution
- Paid Time Off: earn up to 10 days of paid earned time depending on length of service
Other Team Member Perks:
- 30% discount on AMC Merchandise
- Free Annual AMC Membership
- 4 Free nights at AMC locations
- Prodeals discounts on equipment & gear and more!
How to Apply
Apply online below. Please include a resume and cover letter. No phone calls please.
AMC welcomes all qualified candidates to apply and we invite the full participation of all individuals currently underrepresented in the outdoor community. This includes, but is not limited to, individuals from racially and/or ethnically diverse communities, individuals with disabilities, individuals from LGBTQ+ communities, and individuals who experience intersectionality with one or more of these identities.
The Appalachian Mountain Club has zero tolerance for child abuse or placing children in danger. The AMC requires all employees who work in a program or facility which serves children, disabled persons, or the elderly to have a criminal background record check performed on their name annually with employment contingent upon satisfactory results.