Looking for a job in the outdoor industry near NYC? Work with AMC at Corman Harriman Outdoor Center
Spend your summer in the 2nd largest state park in NY!
May 11, 2023
- Haverstraw, New York
- $14.25 - $14.25 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist guests and visitors in a positive manner.
- Respond to any problems or special requests with a professional demeanor.
- Interact with guests regarding local information, lodge amenities, organizational efforts and programs.
- Set up, serve, and cleanup of meal service.
- Participate in the daily cleaning and upkeep of guest rooms, common areas and bathrooms.
- Prepare meeting spaces for special groups and programs, including set up of tables, chairs and equipment, as needed
- Participate in deep cleaning of the lodge and other areas on a weekly/monthly basis or as instructed.
- Help with snow shoveling and lawn/garden maintenance with push mowers and trimmers.
- Retail sales and inventory management
- Waterfront and boating program duties including canoe/kayak/SUP care and maintenance.
- Leading bonfires on weekend evenings
- Travel and support other AMC lodges/camps as assigned
- On-call hours
- Other duties as assigned. This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor.
Compensation and benefits:
- Salary Range: $14.25 / hour
- Onsite housing + meals provided for FREE
- Free use of AMC Destinations: 4 nights per year
- Free annual AMC membership
- Health Plan with Optional Vision + Dental Insurance when working 30+ hours per week for 6+ months
- Matching 403(b): 4% with vesting schedule
- Paid Sick Time: eligible to accrue up to 10 days