Cook at the base of Mount Washington during the spring season at Pinkham Notch!
Located at the foot of New England's tallest peak!
Posted: Feb 20, 2023
- Gorham, New Hampshire
- $16.00 - $17.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
What you’ll be doing:
- Prepare all meals and snacks as scheduled and instructed according to pre-planned menus and established meal times.
- Assist the PNVC Manager in creating appropriate menus for the season, holidays and specialty dinners.
- Welcome and assist outdoor program center visitors and guests in a positive manner; respond to any problems or special requests with a professional demeanor. This includes but is not limited to breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack bar/deli guests.
- Clean, sanitize and inspect all areas maintained by the Kitchen Staff on a daily basis and as needed, to exceed New Hampshire Board of Health standards.
- Supervise snack bar/deli during assigned shift with daily upkeep, prep, and service of customers.
- Provide assistance as directed for inventories and ordering of food and supplies on a weekly basis.
- Support and direct Kitchen Staff in the preparation and cleaning duties for breakfast, lunch, and dinner set-ups and breakdowns utilizing on-site guidelines and resources.
- Assist in the preparation, set up and break down of coffee breaks, receptions, or any other special functions and/or events during work shifts.
- Actively participates in recycling programs, composting, the use of green materials and local food programs.
- Actively promote and provide up to date information on the services and programs of the AMC and encourage membership to support the AMC’s public service efforts.
- Plan and attend training and supervisory meetings at PNVC and other AMC facilities as required.
- Other duties as assigned. This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor.
Compensation and benefits:
- Salary Range: $16.00-$17.00/ hour
- Onsite housing + meals provided for $45 per week
- Free use of AMC Destinations: 4 nights per year
- Free annual AMC membership
- Health Plan with Optional Vision + Dental Insurance when working 30+ hours per week for 6+ months
- Matching 403(b): 4% with vesting schedule
- Paid Sick Time: eligible to accrue up to 10 days