Join us for Fall Foliage in the heart of the White Mountains!
Enjoy bug free, cool weather hiking in the White Mountains!
- Bretton Woods, New Hampshire
- $11.00 / hour + tips
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 1 month. (Aug 15, 2022)
$800 season completion bonus available for a full 2 months of work! This increases the rate to ~$13 an hour. Room and board available for $45 a week (~$200 a month).
AMC is seeking Lodge Crew for the Highland Center. This entry level position works in food service and/or housekeeping and has a focus on positive guest service. We hire up to 14 seasonal Lodge Crew, depending upon the season, which creates a community of folks who live onsite and work together over several months. Onsite housing and meals are provided for this position at $45 a week.
Lodge Crew working in food service support the communal dining experience at the Highland Center through the service of meals and maintaining a high level of cleanliness in both the front and back of house. Lodge Crew working in housekeeping ensure that guests visiting the Highland Center feel at home in a clean well cared for lodge nestled in Crawford Notch.
The Highland Center in Crawford Notch is a 34 room lodge located in the heart of the White Mountains. The lodge provides overnight accommodations for up to 122 people with a full service kitchen supplying meals in a family style or buffet setting. Highland serves a wide variety of guests but focuses on folks interested in the outdoors with multiple hiking trailheads leaving from the property, groomed ski trails leaving from the main entrance and a long history of nature based painting in the notch.
- Assist guests and visitors in a positive manner.
- Respond to any problems or special requests with a professional demeanor.
- Interact with guests regarding local information, lodge amenities, organizational efforts and programs.
- Set up, serve, and cleanup of meal service.
- Daily breakfast/salad/deli bar upkeep, prep and service of customers.
- Clean and sanitize all food service and dining areas on a daily basis.
- Set up, serve and break down of catering and bar services.
- Provide table service for drinks during dinner service.
- Participate in the daily cleaning and upkeep of guest rooms, common areas and bathrooms.
- Prepare meeting spaces for special groups and programs, including set up of tables, chairs and AV equipment.
- Process recycling and kitchen compost daily.
- Participate in deep cleaning of the lodge and other areas on a weekly/monthly basis or as instructed.
- Help with snow shoveling and lawn/garden maintenance.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to be a team player within a detail-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with people of different backgrounds.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, mornings and evenings.
- Prior kitchen/dining experience and/or housekeeping experience, however, will train as necessary!
- Familiarity with the White Mountain National Forest and enthusiasm for AMC programs and mission.
The AMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in the workplace. The AMC encourages the involvement of all people in its mission and activities, through its membership, programs, policies and procedures. Our goal is to be a community that is comfortable, inviting and accessible for people of any age, gender, race, religion, ethnicity, ability, sexual orientation or socioeconomic status. Join us!
Staff will be required to show proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. The AMC will consider an exemption from the vaccine requirement if they are unable to get vaccinated due to a qualifying medical disability or a sincerely held religious objection. An accommodation or exemption from the vaccine requirement will be considered if one is available that would not pose a direct threat to others in the workplace and would not create an undue hardship for the organization.
The Appalachian Mountain Club has zero tolerance for child abuse or placing children in danger. The AMC requires all employees who work in a program or facility which serves children, disabled persons or the elderly to have a criminal background record check performed on their name annually with employment contingent upon satisfactory results.
How to Apply
Now accepting applications! Please include your resume and a cover letter when applying. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.