Hiking and trail running out your backdoor when you work at AMC's Highland Center this summer!
Enjoy your spring nestled in the Crawford Notch!
- Bretton Woods, New Hampshire
- $11.00 / hour + tips
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Jun 01, 2022)
AMC is seeking Lodge Crew for the Highland Center. This entry level position works in food service and/or housekeeping and has a focus on positive guest service. We hire up to 14 seasonal Lodge Crew, depending upon the season, which creates a community of folks who live onsite and work together over several months. Onsite housing and meals are provided for this position at $45 a week.
Lodge Crew working in food service support the communal dining experience at the Highland Center through the service of meals and maintaining a high level of cleanliness in both the front and back of house. Lodge Crew working in housekeeping ensure that guests visiting the Highland Center feel at home in a clean well cared for lodge nestled in Crawford Notch.
The Highland Center in Crawford Notch is a 34 room lodge located in the heart of the White Mountains. The lodge provides overnight accommodations for up to 122 people with a full service kitchen supplying meals in a family style or buffet setting. Highland serves a wide variety of guests but focuses on folks interested in the outdoors with multiple hiking trailheads leaving from the property, groomed ski trails leaving from the main entrance and a long history of nature based painting in the notch.
- Assist guests and visitors in a positive manner.
- Interact with guests regarding local information, lodge amenities, organizational efforts and programs.
- Set up, serve, and cleanup of meal service.
- Set up, serve and break down of catering and bar services.
- Participate in the daily cleaning and upkeep of guest rooms, common areas and bathrooms.
- Prepare meeting spaces for special groups and programs, including set up of tables, chairs and AV equipment.
- Process recycling and kitchen compost daily.
- Participate in deep cleaning of the lodge and other areas on a weekly/monthly basis or as instructed.
- Help with snow shoveling and lawn/garden maintenance.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to be a team player within a detail-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with people of different backgrounds.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, mornings and evenings.
- Prior kitchen/dining experience and/or housekeeping experience, however, will train as necessary!
- Familiarity with the White Mountain National Forest and enthusiasm for AMC programs and mission.
How to Apply
Now accepting applications! Please include your resume and a cover letter when applying. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.